GDT: Sochi Olympics (Faulk: USA, Ruutu: FIN, Sekera: SVK, Semin: RUS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
I honestly can't see why Team Canada would not have Staal on their team. The National Team loves him.

It isn't necessarily about skill (though the idea that James Neal, whose main offensive production is a one timer on the PP, or Patrick Sharp, or Milan Lucic or Duchene or Benn are better players than Staal doesn't jive), but about being a good soldier. Look at Jack MotherF***ing Johnson. By all accounts, he should be nowhere near the U.S. Olympic team- yet he's probably going to make it, because he always shows up when the National Team comes calling. Same with Staal and Team Canada.

This board has really soured on Staal because of words like "effort" or "leadership". You'd never know he's still leading our team in points by far. :laugh:

They might also give Skinner a look, because he's been red hot this month. Don't really see that one though.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
At this point I hope Staal and Faulk are left off their respective teams. Let them rest and stew about their omissions and see if it lights a fire under their *****. If that doesn't remove EStaal's head from his ass I'm not sure anything is going to.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I'm watching the Florida Panthers broadcast right now and they chose their team USA rosters...Matt Niskanen was on there ahead of Fowler, Faulk, J Johnson. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
COULD THIS BE A MESSAGE FROM FAULK ABOUT NOT MAKING THE TEAM

Justin Faulk ‏@JustinFaulk27 53m

It is what is is folks...happy new year...

:(

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
what was the context of that tweet? it could be anything. even him being involved in a bigger trade deal. who knows? why assume it has to do with the Olympics?

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
what was the context of that tweet? it could be anything. even him being involved in a bigger trade deal. who knows? why assume it has to do with the Olympics?

That was the whole tweet and the only thing he tweeted. I figured since the USA roster is being announced tomorrow that's what it'd be about.

Maybe he's bummed about Gleason or someone getting traded...

Then again it could be something like he and his girlfriend got in a fight. :laugh: I was just thinking about Sochi.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
That was the whole tweet and the only thing he tweeted. I figured since the USA roster is being announced tomorrow that's what it'd be about.

Maybe he's bummed about Gleason or someone getting traded...

Then again it could be something like he and his girlfriend got in a fight. :laugh: I was just thinking about Sochi.

yeah... when is the announcement for the Canadian team? Wednesday or Thursday?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
COULD THIS BE A MESSAGE FROM FAULK ABOUT NOT MAKING THE TEAM

Justin Faulk ‏@JustinFaulk27 53m

It is what is is folks...happy new year...

:(

If they chose Niskanen or Orpik (cuz Bylsma gonna Bylsma) over Faulk and Fowler I'm going to lose it... and then the US is going to lose it... in the quarters.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
U.S. players were told they'd be texted during Winter Classic, so they'll know if they're on the Olympic team before announcment is made.

Guess Faulk was talking about something else.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, I'd have to think it'd be something personal or knowing Gleason was being dealt.

And FWIW, Kevin Allen had Faulk on his final USA roster prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad