Soccer Prospects Thread VII

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I admit to a relative lack of knowledge about prospects. I came to this site over 20 years ago because it was the best hockey prospect site (at the time), so I obviously have an interest. But it was hard enough to keep hockey prospects from 8-10 countries straight, to try to know about soccer prospects from 100+ countries, I just can't.

But this list of prospects that Spurs are gobbling up seems to me a 180 degree shift in how Tottenham will move forward. They never spent tons on youth, they were always spending it poorly on "fix right now" players. But if this group develops as their paths are projecting, they could be scary good

Mikey Moore (16)
Luka Vušković (17)
Archie Gray (18)
Yang Min-hyuk (18)
Lucas Bergvall (18)
Ashley Phillips (19)
Jamie Donley (19)
Will Lankshear (19)

Then you have the players still young enough to be considered a prospect but have already earned a major role

Destiny Udogie (21)
Pape Matar Sarr (21)
Radu Dragusin (22)
Brennan Johnson (23)
Micky van de Ven (23)

Exciting times.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I'm iffy on most of those prospects, as one should as they're very young, but man Mikey Moore is someone I'd put in the Yamal tier.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I'm iffy on most of those prospects, as one should as they're very young, but man Mikey Moore is someone I'd put in the Yamal tier.

I agree that Moore has the highest ceiling. He may just be good enough to have to play for them now.

They've already said that Bergvall and Gray will have significant roles this year, which is pretty remarkable given they are in Europa and want top 4 in the PL. If that means they play in just Europa and Cup ties, perhaps. But I have a feeling that with Hojbjerg gone and Lo Celso and Gil on the way out they will see quite a bit of PL playing time.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
A young player from Liverpool to remember, he had some good hype in the past but he has taken another step last year. During the pre season he has impressed the coaching staff the most. His name : Trey Nyoni. He just turned 17 years old but he looks he could have a role with the senior squad.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Some sad news about an Uber talented prospect.
Mohamed El Arouch, the gem from Lyon's academy, has suffered a depression.
He has chosen to leave France and will sign with Botafogo.
I've always been very high on him and I hope he can heal and jump start his football career in Brazil.

• Wow
Reactions: gary69 and luiginb

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Some more bad news from french highly touted prospects.

Stade Rennais' offensive gem Mathis Lambourde has KILLED a woman while riding his electric scooter. He'll be on trial for manslaughter.

• Wow
Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad