Soccer Prospects Thread VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Lucas Bergvall, one of the players on that top 60 list. If we get to keep him past the January window I think he could be ready to dominate next spring. Only 3 games remains of the Swedish season as we play a spring/fall season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
3 Spanish born Algerians who were recently called up by the Algerian U20 NT have just been called up by Spain's U19 for the upcoming Euro

Betis' Yanis Senhadji, Atletico Madrid's Rayane Belaid and Espanyol Barcelona's Wassim Keddari

If Spain wants them so badly they can have them, not sure why we keep doing that shit when we have good young players in Algeria who deserve a call up

Damn, I miss the days when Zetchi was running the FA

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Another strong squad with Martel & Dardai getting fit again. I'd like to see:

Gruda - Moukoko - Beier - Knauff
Martel - Reitz
Netz - Array Mbi - Dardai - Morgalla
Atubolu​

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The U17 WC is going on right now (France/Burkina Faso at the moment).
France's generation is very impressive, with 1 defeat in 4 years (in the group stage at the Euro against Germany). Since the Euro (lost on PK in the final), they have won all their games and haven't been scored on AT ALL. Not even once.
But this burkinabe team looks very impressive so far. Quick, agile and technical.
France's goalie is my former student Paul Argney (Le Havre).

Warren Zaire Emery is obviously not playing since he's selected for the A.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The U17 WC is going on right now (France/Burkina Faso at the moment).
France's generation is very impressive, with 1 defeat in 4 years (in the group stage at the Euro against Germany). Since the Euro (lost on PK in the final), they have won all their games and haven't been scored on AT ALL. Not even once.
But this burkinabe team looks very impressive so far. Quick, agile and technical.
France's goalie is my former student Paul Argney (Le Havre).

Warren Zaire Emery is obviously not playing since he's selected for the A.

Discussing it in the Youth Competitions thread but it would be cool if we could meet in the final again. Lambourde & Bouabre really popped at the euros and you guys are more physical / athletic on the whole…while we have the technical skill and creative depth with Brunner, Darvich, Ouedraogo, Ramsak, etc., to make up for it.

Plus both teams’ keepers surprised me in a good way at the euros.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Brazil apparently has a big team too..

Not convinced by France's game today but it's the first game on a bad pitch with huge temperatures.
But I expect some upsets.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dardai is our best passing CB at any level. Just fantastic distribution from deep.

Morgalla, Martel, and Gruda are also popping nicely behind Mouki & Maxi.

EDIT:
Mouki and Maxi each scored before Reitz iced things with a late brace.

I really like this group, throw ABK + Adeyemi in and they'd be really loaded...with Reitz/Röhl the only spot not filled by a kid with senior NT potential:

Adeyemi - Beier - Moukoko - Gruda
Martel - Reitz/Röhl
Netz - Dardai - ABK - Morgalla
Atubolu​

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Final group stage game and France beat the US 3-0. They will face Senegal in the knockout round.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Germany 2 - 3 England U20's was fun.

Not sure they have NT-starter potential, but I like what I've seen of Edozie & Scarlett in the handful of games they've played against our U19s & now U20s. I don't see the hype with Devine, but I've only seen him a couple of times.

For us: Wanner did well, scoring and almost bagging a second. Bobzien was a constant nuisance. Blank & Oermann looked good until Edozie concussed Oermann with the 2-2. But Rothe was pretty poor, while Kemlein & Pavlovic were blah.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Arsenal U16 defeated Liverpool 14-3 the other day. Chido Obi-Martin scored 10 goals. Danish who could also play for England or Nigeria. Might be someone to watch for the future.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ouzbekistan just eliminated England in the U17 WC. They'll face the winner of France/Senegal in the quarter finals.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Penalty claim at the 80th in favor of France. Frankly replays tend to show a foul, but tough to say.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
U21s with a strong win over group leaders Poland, one of the only German youth teams without a stud at the 10 because Samardzic switched to Serbia, but they have our best prospects at ST - Mouki, the 6 - Martel, RB - Morgalla, and our best young ball playing CB - Dardai. Plus interesting kids like Beier, Gruda, Knauff, Reitz, & Atubolu.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, Spain are the only team to beat this age group in an official match...admittedly one that we didn't need to win as we had already qualified for the next stage...but they just don't have a Brunner. 17th goal in his 23rd match for the Euro Golden Ball winner after he won & converted the decisive penalty.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
France beat Uzbekistan 1-0 and are through to the semis. They'll face the winner of Mali-Morocco.
My former student Paul Argney still hasn't been scored on in the competition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad