Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Depends what mood you’re in.

He’ll definitely get promo cards now that he’s at BVB.
1729040013737.gif

Still upset

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not many better options. Will be interesting to see what style they employ.

He has been super versatile over his career tactically, albeit always possession focused. So looking forward to seeing which formation he starts off with.
Kane
Foden Bellingham Mainoo Palmer
Rice
Chillwell Colwill Guehi James

Just f***ing gun it baby

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
excuse me..i believe you are missing someone there

Noone comes to mind
Edit: I Lied -- Probably drop Colwill and slide guehi over, put Stones in on the right CB. Put Colwill at LB if you want to do the 'en vogue' invert thing and push Reece up. If thats the case, you could push James out and put TAA in, but that only works if youvee got a back 3 to cover for him.

Maradona tried that with Argentina at the 2010 World Cup. Masherano as holding mid and all attacking players. ( it didn’t work)

Was amazing to watch though aha

In theory you could swap Mainoo for a more holding type mid, but England is pretty lacking there. Gallagher could play your watchdog role and would get up and down the pitch. Which would help a little I guess? But the pickings there are slim.

Last edited:
Reactions: PDX Flyer

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Noone comes to mind
Edit: I Lied -- Probably drop Colwill and slide guehi over, put Stones in on the right CB. Put Colwill at LB if you want to do the 'en vogue' invert thing and push Reece up. If thats the case, you could push James out and put TAA in, but that only works if youvee got a back 3 to cover for him.

In theory you could swap Mainoo for a more holding type mid, but England is pretty lacking there. Gallagher could play your watchdog role and would get up and down the pitch. Which would help a little I guess? But the pickings there are slim.

Mainoo is a solid box to box mid. Screw it I’m with you…..run and gun

• Love
Reactions: Starat327

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I know there were a ton of players missing through injury or fitness issues but that USMNT performance last night was worse than anything under GGG.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Closer than they usually are.

Theres no world where Tammy starts above Kane (or realistically, even Watkins, and ive always been a believer in Tammy). Tomori is simlar to Guehi, but i think Guehi provudes a little more defensive solidity.

RLC is one of my favorite players because hes so unique, but theres just no place for him in a starting XI given quality of available folks, unfortunately. You bring him on / play him against teams where you need to boss the midfield a little more than just "creative". I could definitely see him getting a call up under Tuchel though.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Theres no world where Tammy starts above Kane (or realistically, even Watkins, and ive always been a believer in Tammy). Tomori is simlar to Guehi, but i think Guehi provudes a little more defensive solidity.

RLC is one of my favorite players because hes so unique, but theres just no place for him in a starting XI given quality of available folks, unfortunately. You bring him on / play him against teams where you need to boss the midfield a little more than just "creative". I could definitely see him getting a call up under Tuchel though.
It was a joke brother. Although Tomori definitely should have been on some of those past squads.

RLC has been coming off the bench lately.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It was a joke brother. Although Tomori definitely should have been on some of those past squads.

RLC has been coming off the bench lately.

Oh I gotchu. There's noone who wants to see an all Cobham squad more than me, trust. I didn't realize that RLC had fallen down the order over there. Is that a formation thing or manager thing?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Oh I gotchu. There's noone who wants to see an all Cobham squad more than me, trust. I didn't realize that RLC had fallen down the order over there. Is that a formation thing or manager thing?
Formation. They wanted an actual attacker playing CAM. Fofana and Reijnders usually get the nod in the midfield.

Reactions: Starat327

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad