Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Insane. Argentina apparently tied right at the end. Everyone left the pitch and went home. VAR stepped in and said, “whoa there hoss… OFFSIDE!”

So now, 2 hours later, everyone has to go back and finish the game. Bizarre.

Edit: game on. Stadium is completely empty.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Insane. Argentina apparently tied right at the end. Everyone left the pitch and went home. VAR stepped in and said, “whoa there hoss… OFFSIDE!”

So now, 2 hours later, everyone has to go back and finish the game. Bizarre.

Edit: game on. Stadium is completely empty.
There was crowd trouble, including pitch invaders. Game was postponed for player safety.

The late equalizer caused the trouble.

The goal eventually being disallowed just adds comedy to the delay. They came back two hours later to play 3 minutes. :laugh: The second half already had 16 minutes of added time.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Canada should be better than this. :laugh:

Canada duo sent home for spying on New Zealand women’s football team at 2024 Paris Olympics​

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
There was crowd trouble, including pitch invaders. Game was postponed for player safety.

The late equalizer caused the trouble.

The goal eventually being disallowed just adds comedy to the delay. They came back two hours later to play 3 minutes. :laugh: The second half already had 16 minutes of added time.

Glenn Nyberg is such a bad referee.

The Arsenal vs Bayern game was comical this year... he was bad in France vs Belgium too...

he gets swayed so much by game situation and seems to lose control at times.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I can't with this f***ing club.
Image.jpeg

Reactions: Starat327

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I find this drone spying story interesting. Surprised this hasnt happened more.
Not sure what secrets they were hoping to discover. Teams have more than enough time to scout their opponents well ahead of a tournament.
It was just stupid and screams lazy and unprepared.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2010
PA
If only the USMNT decided to hire a great manager like the USWNT. Maybe then they cluld be wrapping up their games in the first 30 minutes too.

I mean the USWNT position is (relatively) much more prestigious/ high profile than the USMNT position.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I mean the USWNT position is (relatively) much more prestigious/ high profile than the USMNT position.

Only because the USMNT has been so horribly mismanaged for decades.

To be clear, I don't think the best manager in the world is winning the USMNT a world cup. The talent gap is just too large. But there's no reason they can't be competitive regularly in the WC and actually contend in the concacaf/conmebol events.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad