Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin what the hell?

Is he cooked or something? I can’t imagine this being real…

He's definitely not cooked yet, but something is wrong back there in the defense. It's just so hard to pinpoint what it is - there are individual errors all over the place, but there are also obvious communication issues, and other times when it looks exactly like a system-related problem. And VVD, after a strong season where he looked back to his best, has hit a bad slump at the same time as the forwards. I'm hoping that we finally sign a strong DM and that will help clean up a lot of the mess, but the new manager is going to have to diagnose it in his system.

Salah will be in Saudi, I’m sure of it.

There or PSG, who want him almost as badly as the (other) beheaders.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He's definitely not cooked yet, but something is wrong back there in the defense. It's just so hard to pinpoint what it is - there are individual errors all over the place, but there are also obvious communication issues, and other times when it looks exactly like a system-related problem. And VVD, after a strong season where he looked back to his best, has hit a bad slump at the same time as the forwards. I'm hoping that we finally sign a strong DM and that will help clean up a lot of the mess, but the new manager is going to have to diagnose it in his system.
OK HEAR ME OUT CAP

A VVD for Emre Can swap! Everybody wins.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I share the frustration about City and the treatment they seem to be getting... but Fergie had the refs in his pocket for decades... So United will get no sympathy from me now that they're at the receiving end of bad decisions.
This was as widely overblown as the dumb stat about penalties at old Trafford.

Apparently, the most dominant team in British football for almost two decades won more penalties at home that opposition teams. I can't fathom how that was possible......

• Haha
Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
This was as widely overblown as the dumb stat about penalties at old Trafford.

Apparently, the most dominant team in British football for almost two decades won more penalties at home that opposition teams. I can't fathom how that was possible......

I agree even as a City fan.

When you are an incredible team you get a lot of penalties. You will also get more fouls than the opposition... by far... as you have the ball like 60+ % of the time.

Reactions: BritainStix

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I agree even as a City fan.

When you are an incredible team you get a lot of penalties. You will also get more fouls than the opposition... by far... as you have the ball like 60+ % of the time.
any encouraging words about Arne Slot?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
any encouraging words about Arne Slot?

I get on really well with the Feyenoord Foundation staff aha and have actually spent time at their facilities, managed to even watch a training session or two. Even though I hate the club!

I know he plays a really up-tempo aggressive style. Kind of a Klopp-Bielsa hybrid. Probably partially why he is their guy.

Reactions: trostol

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Is that a spending cap on player salaries or money to buy them? Both?

Because PL teams being unable to spend silly amounts on buying players would be not great for my team. :laugh:
According to that video it does not limit individual player salaries, but includes a lot of other stuff. Apparently the details haven't been worked out yet. 3 clubs voted "No"; Man U, Man City, and Villa. Chelsea abstained.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The only Pizza chain that matters in the UK btw...

probably won't get many a better pizza in Europe outside of Italy.

Humble Manchester beginnings too...

they are so good that in the last 5 years they went from having one location to 27 ahaha.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
CURRENTLY LOSING MY SHIT
Pampers-Swaddlers-Newborn-Diapers-Size-0-128-count_50c9d843-54b8-4d72-84d1-1dee14644396_1.b354daa0bfa3adaf610d6f86d400dff3.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad