Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Damn... but those were some pretty goals.

Kinda feel bad for Leverkusen but I guess they've already cemented this as a great year. Just unfortunate that it couldn't be perfect.

Reactions: Jack Straw

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
IMG_3856.jpeg

Serie A >>>

Reactions: Striiker and BigToe

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
God, I'm so f***ing bored of the Jurgen/Liverpool love fest.

The bloke one a single premier league. He has one more trophy that United in the same time frame and we have been absolute dogshit for 10 years.

I f***ing hate scousers.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
God, I'm so f***ing bored of the Jurgen/Liverpool love fest.

The bloke one a single premier league. He has one more trophy that United in the same time frame and we have been absolute dogshit for 10 years.

I f***ing hate scousers.

Prefacing this by the obvious statement that I'm not in the UK so geographical rivalries mean little to me --

This was basically the worst title run in conundrum from a non city, arsenal or liverpool supporter perspective in quite some time.

City cheating their way to a league title isn't ideal for obvious reasons.

Liverpool winning and the associated "look at how klopp inspired them" would have been the most tired narrative ever. I actually really like Klopp as a manager, but the media love affair got old quick.

Arsenal winning would've been awful because their supporters are absolutely insufferable (except @BigToe - <3 u bb). That team and Arteta are treated like the greatest team of all time and they've achieved diddly.

In the end, I think I was OK with City winning because you can asterisk it, and at the end of the day, I only "know" one Man City supporter and I only have to deal with him on this board 😜.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He did also win the Champions League, something United last did 16 years ago when John Terry slipped.

One PL title isn't great, but it will look better when the hammer drops on City for their financial doping.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It really looks like Bayern are going to appoint Vincent Kompany as their new coach.

The guy that got Burnley relegated is about to fail upwards big-time.

• Wow
Reactions: Fire Tortorella

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Messi, Suarez and Busquets are all staying in Miami while the team heads to Vancouver this weekend.

The Whitecaps sold over 54,000 tickets for this match, some costing several hundred dollars per ticket.

I had contemplated going, but I backed out, worried for this exact reason.

Brutal for those poor souls who were hoping to watch Messi live.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What does anyone know about Slot?

He plays a 4-2-3-1 with the right back bombing forward and the left back hanging back more. He presses from the front, but is more possession-based than Klopp with a more measured build-up. We are looking at something like this, with new signings peppered in:

Ali

Trent/Bradley - Konate - Virg - Robbo

New DM - Macca

Mo - (one of the other 8s) - Szobo/Gakpo

Darwin

Unless he inverts Trent next to the DM and plays Bradley at RB. If we get a beast DM, it could work. We are definitely buying at least one winger, too, so they may move Mo central and put Darwin out left.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
He plays a 4-2-3-1 with the right back bombing forward and the left back hanging back more. He presses from the front, but is more possession-based than Klopp with a more measured build-up. We are looking at something like this, with new signings peppered in:

Ali

Trent/Bradley - Konate - Virg - Robbo

New DM - Macca

Mo - (one of the other 8s) - Szobo/Gakpo

Darwin

Unless he inverts Trent next to the DM and plays Bradley at RB. If we get a beast DM, it could work. We are definitely buying at least one winger, too, so they may move Mo central and put Darwin out left.
where's Quansah playing in this?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad