Speculation: So...Who is Lou Lamoriello trading the Isles 1st for this year...?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
As a NYI fan, I'd do 3 out of 4 of those trades again.

- Pageau was necessary for 2 deep playoff runs during that lightened my pandemic blues. imo that was worth it.
- Horvat? We're gonna see. But the context on that deal is that NYI just don't get the player in free agency if he isn't here first.
- Romanov? Would jump on that deal again. He's making a leap.

Palmieri? Not so much.

- Duclair fits, but not for a first.

- I would not mind Henrique, but not without dumping Palmieri's salary next year in the deal. That would cost a first. The question is whether NYI could turn that this offseason into a good UFA contract. Because Palmieri is a liability.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Pelech, Wahlstrom and a conditional first(2nd if Islanders miss the playoffs) for Chychrun and Tarsenko

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Maybe I am wrong here but I don't see those 2 working that great together. It's like 2 of a similar thing(ie guys who can carry the puck and pass)
Perfect
The NHL version of the Four Corners!
Score first and keep the puck the rest of the game . . .

Reactions: periferal

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I think it's entirely possible Lou does not make a big deal and keeps the 1st.

If I HAD to come up with a deal that would have a 1st going the other way, it's possible it's for a LHD as some say. But my guess would be a scoring winger for the 3rd line who could also slot in on the 2nd PP. The ability to roll 3 dangerous lines is becoming kind of a requirement to win 4 rounds in the playoffs anymore.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Jack Hughes is a Devil and has connections to Long Island. He has the same last name as Ryan Hughes. Ryan coached a bunch of clinics on Long Island when I was in high school so it’s an obvious choice.

Shane Pinto gets my vote as a fall back since he grew up a town over from UBS.
I suspect Pinto and Greig are going to make Norris expendable for sens at likely lower individual cost pretty soon. Both hard to play against defensively responsible centres and we already have Stutzle. Greig as a rookie has stepped in to top 6 easily and looks great.

I could see Norris being moved for a top 4 RD and maybe a plus. D coming back would determine what / if a plus or if Ottawa has to take a cap dump to make the numbers work.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I suspect Pinto and Greig are going to make Norris expendable for sens at likely lower individual cost pretty soon. Both hard to play against defensively responsible centres and we already have Stutzle. Greig as a rookie has stepped in to top 6 easily and looks great.

I could see Norris being moved for a top 4 RD and maybe a plus. D coming back would determine what / if a plus or if Ottawa has to take a cap dump to make the numbers work.
The Isles don’t have the top 4 RHD to move for him honestly. If they were to get Pinto, I’m sure it would make Pageau expendable in some form. I also suspect Wahlstrom to be on the outs unless he can figure out what to do on the ice.

MTK

Sep 26, 2007
West Islip
  • 2020 - JG Pageau
  • 2021 - Kyle Palmieri
  • 2022 - Alex Romanov
  • 2023 - Bo Horvat
  • 2024 - ???

Odds are it will probably be for a pending UFA (who's only worth a 2nd) and then Lou will give him a 7 year 45 million deal shortly after.

Who's your money on...?
I hope Lou trades our pick if we are in a playoff spot/or close to it.

Prefer an NHL Proven player than taking a gamble on a mid to late 1st round pick.

But Do need said player to be young with good contract or RFA

Hope he makes a move before the All Star Break.

Majority of posters/fans obsess over 1st round picks.

Lou also has done well trading the 1st Round Picks and retaining the player .

• 2020 - JG Pageau ( resigned)
  • 2021 - Kyle Palmieri ( resigned )
  • 2022 - Alex Romanov ( resigned )
  • 2023 - Bo Horvat ( resigned)

If there is a player they want still on board late, they can trade into 1st round

2024-26, they have most of there picks with exception of 2024 3rd/7th and 2026 2nd)

Just my opinion

MTK

Sep 26, 2007
West Islip
Think of the worst player available at the deadline, who any other GM wouldn't spend more than a 2nd on.

That's who Lou will get with our 1st.

In all seriousness, we should not be moving that pick. We should be moving whoever, wherever, to whoever is stupid enough to take any of our 9 million year contracts for a 7th if we can
What player has Lou traded a 1st for that any other team would give no more than a 2nd in the year player was traded for?

Romanov and a 4th? That was a good trade like it or not.

These are not top 10 picks, he is trading:

2020 ( isles traded 28th pick in first round)
2021 ( isles traded 29th pick in 1st Round)
2022 ( isles traded 13th pick in 1st Round, pretty much received a young NHL defensemen)
2023 ( isles traded 17th overall)

The 3 picks Lou has made in the first round have become NHL players. Dobson ( pick 11), wahlstrom ( pick 12 ) Holmstrom ( pick 23)

And have you followed the players that were drafted by the teams with the NY Islanders picks in those draft years?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
last deadline i gave you my first
in the very first game he wasn't it worth
this year to save me from tears
i give it for someone special

Reactions: periferal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad