Speculation: So...Who is Lou Lamoriello trading the Isles 1st for this year...?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
  • 2020 - JG Pageau
  • 2021 - Kyle Palmieri
  • 2022 - Alex Romanov
  • 2023 - Bo Horvat
  • 2024 - ???

Odds are it will probably be for a pending UFA (who's only worth a 2nd) and then Lou will give him a 7 year 45 million deal shortly after.

Who's your money on...?
Kuzmenko, we know he works well with Bo on the power play. He got all his goals there last year with Bo on the sidewall and him in front.

Reactions: DekeyPete

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Roy is going to want more grit for sure!!! His son for a first outta do it.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Kuzmenko, we know he works well with Bo on the power play. He got all his goals there last year with Bo on the sidewall and him in front.
I'm guessing Kuzmenko also. He's the odd man out in Vancouver and could be had without a pound of flesh, Vancouver and the Isles are recent trade partners, Vancouver could want the cap space, and the Isles need more help in their top 6. Seems like a natural fit.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Add a 2nd and high end prospect to that 1st, and you can get Monahan…:sarcasm::naughty::laugh:

—————​

What’s the details on Pulocks injury?

Green

Nov 13, 2019
He should keep his 1st.
Isles are going to be a f***ed team starting in about 3 years, they blew their chance at starting the re-build last year, and now you almost have to keep on trying to get that small chance to win a cup and they are not doing it with this current squad so they almost have to trade that 1st and try and add a big piece, Isles from about 2026-2034 are going to be a bottom feeder for sure however

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Then if Lou wants to recoup a 1st he can send Nelson to the Jets. They’ll gladly take him for their 1st and Lucius.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Connor McDavid is gonna look great on the opposite wing as Barzal.

Maybe I am wrong here but I don't see those 2 working that great together. It's like 2 of a similar thing(ie guys who can carry the puck and pass)

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I hope he keeps his first this season and used it to draft Carter George who has the pedigree to be a solid starter down the road when Sorolin gets worn out and Varly retires. Isles has no decent goalie depth and they need to start building one now as a goalie takes years to be mentally ready at the top pro level. George and another equally talented top goalie prospect may be gone by the end of 1st round. They will not have money to go after another starter down the road as money would be tied up with their current core -Barzal, Dobson, Horvat, renewing Nelson's next contract and potentially going after a top 6 UFS in his prime this summer. If you can broom a good goalie prospect in your system for cheap, you do it, as goalies do get hurt regularly. There are only so many available top-end goalie talents to fill out NHL starter positions and with more expansion on the horizon, it is even more challenging to find and keep them.

Even Isles may need help now, they can't ignore what the team will be like in 3 or 4 years.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Maybe I am wrong here but I don't see those 2 working that great together. It's like 2 of a similar thing(ie guys who can carry the puck and pass)
Fine, it’ll be:
Lee-Horvat-Barzal
McDavid-Nelson-Palmieri

Connor however has to choose an available number under 30 because Lou said so.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I wonder if we might see a round 2 of the Romanov-pick-Dach triangle, if the NYI pick is in the mid-teens, Barron or Harris could be the main part of a deal for the Isles.
GMs do like to keep trading with GMs they've had a good relationship with in the past, so who knows, right ?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Kubalik + Braanstrom for 1st.

The irony if the Isles trade a 1st for Brannstrom since he was the draft pick made by the Knights with the Isles pick when snow traded the Isles 2017 1st to Vegas as part of their expansion draft deal.

Reactions: olli

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
He should keep his 1st.
That won’t happen as Roy will probably drive this team so hard they make the playoffs as a WCT and he will push for a player he perceives as the final piece, so that Roy and Lou can advance beyond the first round hopefully keeping the ownership happy with the direction of the team and extending both Lou and Roy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad