So when are people gonna start talking about Zach Hyman?

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I could score 40 with McDonald as my Center... Hyman's production has nothing to do with Hyman.
Good luck with that. Hyman has been the only person to play with mcdavid to actually put up points not named RNH or Draisaitl. You wouldn’t get anything with mcdavid as your centre.

Hyman is doing his Hyman things. He’s snake but and mcdavid is ruining grade A scoring chances with an extra pass to try and get Hyman going. It’s messing everything up. Too fancy. I thought before the season Hyman would have a regression. I think he will still get 20-25 goals.

BlackAdam

May 5, 2013
They-call-me-007-meme-1.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
Still blows my mind Dubas wouldn’t budge on a sign and trade

They aren’t even in your frigan conference
And it is a free 4th and 5th round pick
Hold on, why do you figure there was that option?
Dubas said he had an idea by Thursday that the forward would be leaving as an unrestricted free agent despite efforts to re-sign him.
"So at that point I think it was fairly clear to us internally, based on the discussions and where they had been or even the feeling on it, that he was going to be on the move," Dubas said. "You know, we had done what we could to try to make it work, and unfortunately we couldn't.
"Everyone knows how we feel about Zach here, and even though it won't be here, we are happy for him."
Dubas' comments came a day after Hyman's agent, Todd Reynolds, told the Toronto Sun, "Zach will be signing elsewhere. He won't be returning to Toronto."

Seemed like they were trying to sign him as an UFA and couldn’t get it done and he went to Edmonton, why would they trade him for picks that into the Free agency period (which I think that year because of the covid stuff, started July 12th).

In any case, his production on the Leafs for how he fit there wasn’t what he is in Edmonton so to compare either version is pointless. They ended up adding Bunting who produced better than Hyman did with Toronto for less of a cap hit. Also out produced him in his 1st year in Toronto vs Hyman’s first year in Edmonton.

To get that production out of a player making 950k, pretty decent.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
I could score 40 with McDonald as my Center... Hyman's production has nothing to do with Hyman.
The fact that there’s only been 1 winger that has in McDavid’s 9year career tells me probably not mate.

His whole team has had a terrible start to the season. I expect things will improve.
First time having a deep playoff run and then losing a ton of depth players that helped them defensively will do that to ya. Especially being the oldest team in the league.

I am sure Sullivan will make sure he will coach his team worse than Knob is right now to spark some confidence in the group.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I'm not worried about Hyman.

Last season, he scored 70 NHL goals (and had another 4 or 5 called back). So... yeah, that was rather unexpected...

Once the Oilers get their act together, Hyman will start scoring again and he'll be fine. I think he's still ranking rather high in 'expected goals' or whatever, so he's getting his chances as usual. It's just the usual Cup-run-hangover plus having-multiple-babies-at-home problem.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Good luck with that. Hyman has been the only person to play with mcdavid to actually put up points not named RNH or Draisaitl. You wouldn’t get anything with mcdavid as your centre.

Hyman is doing his Hyman things. He’s snake but and mcdavid is ruining grade A scoring chances with an extra pass to try and get Hyman going. It’s messing everything up. Too fancy. I thought before the season Hyman would have a regression. I think he will still get 20-25 goals.
Pat Maroon scored 30 next to McDavid...

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Hold on, why do you figure there was that option?

Seemed like they were trying to sign him as an UFA and couldn’t get it done and he went to Edmonton, why would they trade him for picks that into the Free agency period (which I think that year because of the covid stuff, started July 12th).

In any case, his production on the Leafs for how he fit there wasn’t what he is in Edmonton so to compare either version is pointless. They ended up adding Bunting who produced better than Hyman did with Toronto for less of a cap hit. Also out produced him in his 1st year in Toronto vs Hyman’s first year in Edmonton.

To get that production out of a player making 950k, pretty decent.
there was, I believe if I remember correctly Edmonton wanted to sign him 8x but didnt offer the pick Dubas thought was worth it. so he rejected and Edmonton only got him for 7.

if u got a price set that u want for something and someone offers less than that (7th I think) nothing wrong with rejecting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad