Series Talk: So this series after 4 games is exactly like last year with the top-seeded team going home with a 3-1 lead............

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I don’t see what Monty has done wrong he isn’t wearing the stripes. Putting Gryz in for game 5 is the reason everyone quit and gave that pathetic effort? Do we have anyone worth targeting who would be any better? It’s only been 2 years.

Claude was allowed to stay despite the 3-0 Philly choke. How is this year different than 2010 we were 1 seed in 2009 and then took a step back.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
no, this playoffs is exactly like 2018.

1) Bridge year with rookies exceeding expectations
2) 3-1 lead against toronto turns into a game 7 at home with toronto holding a third period lead only to lose in an emotional game 7
3) Bruins catch the best team in the atlantic (a florida based team at that) at the height of their powers sleeping in game one after a long layoff and blowout the home team.
4) Bruins immediately get the gentlemen sweep treatment after a key loss (Carlo/2018-Marchand-2024)
5) lose game 4 at home with a controversial non call going that florida based teams way which leads to a goal tying the game in the third. they end up losing 3-2 in game 4.

I guess that means the Bruins will go on a cup run next year?

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
One thing is, I don't fire Monty

As much as he over tinkered with the line up last year, that's partially on sweeney going for too many pieces at the deadline and Monty having an embarrassment of riches, are you really not going to play bergeron and krejci when they say theyre ready to go?

His biggest mistake was goaltending but he learned and made adjustments and better decisions this year. He's squeezed every last drop out of his roster IMO.

I want to see the team re-tooled for next year and the goal should be ECF or a very hard fought second round exit. Im surmising that the Bruins will lose Tuesday night, so pushing to 7 next year and not getting embarrassed has to be the next step goal.

The question that should always be asked is: who's gonna replace him? And don't say Tort's. That guy hasn't won shit in years and drove the flyers into the ground this season.

I think Monty did a great job with what he had and showed improvement in decision making from last year. I wouldn't throw the baby out and let him learn from the coaching mistakes vs Maurice and try again with a better roster

My fear If they fire Monty is they hire David Quinn who was right there with Montgomery till the end in the hiring candidates

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Let me preface my comments with two things. One, I think Florida is ultimately better than Boston. Two, I do not think Boston should be leading this series, but it *could* be all even,

Growing up, I was a huge boxing fan. I watched everything I could back then, which wasn't as much as I liked because there was no cable back then. I used to box in my spare time, and just loved it. Over the years though, I grew tired of the judging. I would watch a bout and then have three judges tell me what really happened, didn't. Like I was watching in an alternate universe. No longer being able to trust what I saw, I moved on.

I feel the same thing happening with hockey. These past 48 hours have been tough to stomach. Again, game three the Bruins probably weren't coming back 3-0, but the Lauko penalty is 100% of the time called a hold. The Bennett thing was what it was during the game, I didn't notice it. However, after the NHL telling both teams the game would be officiated under close scrutiny then having the league see it and say it was fine, was again insulting the little intelligence I have left.

View attachment 869758

Then last night. The rule is black and white. It doesn't say the play has to result in penalty. It doesn't say it has to be a hard push. It clearly says that if pushed into the goalie, the goal is disallowed. Yet again, I was told that's not what happened. Honestly I didn't feel good about the third regardless and could feel it slipping away before hand, but fans are being taken for idiots. All fans.

There is no conspiracy. There is no out to get the Bruins, there is just gross negligence and rec league caliber refereeing and control room people being employed by the league. I see it in Rangers, Devils and Islanders games as well. I would bet down the road in these play-offs there will be a call so egregious it may cost a team a championship.

Anyways end of rant, I'm tired and cranky, and hope y'all have a good day.
This. Great post Lou. Feel the same. Both roster aren't identical. I can understand that and can accept that even playing their best, Bruins will need a elite Swayman and a little bit of luck.

What I dislike is the Bennett sucker punch easliy reviewable after the game if it was missed and the yesterday Bennett goal. At some point, NHL with the previous two bad decision that impacts the game it proves 2 things imo.: a) they are incompetent or b) they beleive we are idiot.

Go back in 2019 with the Acciari trip.... and the puck in the net (dead puck) ...
I can go back to Kovalev (Nords vs Rangers) with a call back goal 30 seconds or so. It is not just the Bruins, but I do beleive Bruins are oftenly on the bad side.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
What is old Sweeney going to say, I screwed up the Cap and draft picks where thrown out the window. Sorry fans but we are trying our best to run on re-threads.

We have everything under control and with the upcoming available Cap space we will still manage to mess it up. We can sign 4 or 5 AHL players and make them stars. Hold on folks.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
My fear If they fire Monty is they hire David Quinn who was right there with Montgomery till the end in the hiring candidates

Look on the bright side with a Quinn hire, the Bruins might get lottery picks.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This would be a disaster.

This team lived off the loser point and was undermanned. Monty deserves 1 more.

We lost bc of an insanely bad call last night and everyone wants to fire the staff just stupidity.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
What is old Sweeney going to say, I screwed up the Cap and draft picks where thrown out the window. Sorry fans but we are trying our best to run on re-threads.

We have everything under control and with the upcoming available Cap space we will still manage to mess it up. We can sign 4 or 5 AHL players and make them stars. Hold on folks.

I’m more concerned that with our glaring need at Top-6 center that we walk away with Lindholm locked in on a bad contract for 6-7 years just because that’s all that’s available on the market.

Reactions: UConn126

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I’m more concerned that with our glaring need at Top-6 center that we walk away with Lindholm locked in on a bad contract for 6-7 years just because that’s all that’s available on the market.
I totally agree please do not sign Lindholm to a bad contract for the next 6 or 7 years so we can watch him decline. Please do not blow the budget if nothing is available. Sweeney has blinders on and gets something in his head and will not listen to reasoning. In addition, please do not sign Jake to something like 7 mil a year.

I would like to see improvements but you cannot magically be a real Cup contender every year. Suck it up and realize this.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I totally agree please do not sign Lindholm to a bad contract for the next 6 or 7 years so we can watch him decline. Please do not blow the budget if nothing is available. Sweeney has blinders on and gets something in his head and will not listen to reasoning. In addition, please do not sign Jake to something like 7 mil a year.
Sweeney needs a new paradym. Has to start building draft assets. He will miss on a bunch of skilled players without picks in the upcoming draft.

Reactions: Gordoff

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Sweeney needs a new paradym. Has to start building draft assets. He will miss on a bunch of skilled players without picks in the upcoming draft.
I agree this has to happen but will Sweeney be man enough to own up and take the incentive to go down this path.

I am not too confident.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Man does it piss me off that this organization isn't a little more forceful in the media. Can you not at least offer your opinion on certain calls? You can't stick up for your captain and say ya he got sucker punched in the head. Everyone saw it. Everything about this organization is too timid right now. Incapable of imposing will on the ice and bending over and taking it off the ice.

Wow Sweeney. He's Getting snippy with the media
Bad look for Don, not that he cares. Tell us how we're not a "volume shooting" team though. Ya that's what fans want to hear. We only settle for the best 18 shots a game against a mediocre goalie.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I have to wonder if having Lucic in the lineup would have changed anything
I'm worried that Shawn and Soupy will convince him to sign there next year after his rehabilitation stint is over. After all, it's a tax friendly state and he'll need to be paying alimony. Plus doesn't Horty live down there?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Can we double down on goaltending and run 4 skaters with Linus and Sway in net at the same time lol? This year’s playoffs are showing why the tandem system is a detriment right now. Had 4 mil in bonuses already gone, but having another 5 mil in Linus just sitting on the bench and watching is not ideal. Need to use that space for a top sixer or two.

Nope. This GM will buy 3 third liners at 3.0 million each and sell them to you as the next top C and 2nd line C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad