so that just happened!!!..whats the solution???

Status
Not open for further replies.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
The solution is we all abandon the leafs and join the raptors wagon.. That team is going places.

Even back when I was a big college basketball fan I wouldn't watch the NBA...just no interest in it at all. But I do find myself paying attention to the Raptors now that they have finally put things together. At least one Toronto team knows how to win games.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I'm straight up ashamed right now. A 10 game winning streak could hardly erase this loss from my memory

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
Get what you can for Phaneuf, Bozak, Kessel, Gardiner, Kadri, franson and Lupul. Tank and rebuild.

-I only put Kessel in there because by the time the Leafs are ready to compete he'll be way past his prime. Plus trading Kessel means we tank twice as hard :)

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Sell everyone except for Rielly, Nylander, JVR and one of the goalies for picks and prospects. Take a top 5 with our pick, pick a bunch more great prospects with the picks we acquire. Restock the shelves, do a rebuild properly. Start from scratch.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
We need to trade our first rounder...

Preferably for a washed up, overpaid 30 year old. Our record of success stands for itself and is unsurpassed in North America. Whether you like this team on paper or not, it is garbage and spare me the we are only 20 games in drivel!

Burke destroyed this team.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Preferably for a washed up, overpaid 30 year old. Our record of success stands for itself and is unsurpassed in North America. Whether you like this team on paper or not, it is garbage and spare me the we are only 20 games in drivel!

Burke destroyed this team.

Nonis did.

Grabo Kules CMac Colborne Bolland BigSexy Gleason Robidas Clarkson Liles Dion Gunner

Every one of those moves/names represents a mistake.

Last edited:

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

The first round pick could potentially land us Eric Staal. If that's on the table you go for it, we can't keep wasting Kessel and Bernier's best years, and with Staal we're guaranteed to make t he playoffs, just look at Carolina's success, meaning the draft pick would be worthless. We have no use for another Biggs or Gauthier which is all you can get at that spot. We definitely don't have to worry about the pick turning into something good because that's impossible this team isn't bad enough to finish 2nd worst or win the lottery, I mean come on its just two bad games, we made the playoffs two years ago that means we can do it again we just need to increase the compete level, I mean we have 20 guys right now who don't compete but with Staal that guy tries really hard so that's what we need.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Go away Carolina fan!

The first round pick could potentially land us Eric Staal. If that's on the table you go for it, we can't keep wasting Kessel and Bernier's best years, and with Staal we're guaranteed to make t he playoffs, just look at Carolina's success, meaning the draft pick would be worthless. We have no use for another Biggs or Gauthier which is all you can get at that spot. We definitely don't have to worry about the pick turning into something good because that's impossible this team isn't bad enough to finish 2nd worst or win the lottery, I mean come on its just two bad games, we made the playoffs two years ago that means we can do it again we just need to increase the compete level, I mean we have 20 guys right now who don't compete but with Staal that guy tries really hard so that's what we need.

Get lost NHL schill! I already know the NHL has decreed stupid moves like this but dont hand us shyde and call it gold.

Funny fact: Burke worked at the NHL head office, Burke is buddies with Boston. Burke overpaid. Weird ain't it?

Staal is washed up and overpaid, put some more lipstick on that pig!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

The team is messed at the cap level. Forget Staal now. They have to move some names out at this point. That or try a coach for a bit.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
The team is messed at the cap level. Forget Staal now. They have to move some names out at this point. That or try a coach for a bit.

He was being sarcastic. Staal has not helped his team to the playoffs in a long time. He is soft and lazy but very talented. He would be a perfect fit for this current team but not what we need.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Our worst players are not tradeable so there's not much you can do unfortunately. I know everyone wants there to be a knee jerk reaction but in situations like this the best course of action really is to tank and get a generational talent like McDavid or Eichel.

That's why you unload Phanuef, Lupul, Franson, Clarkson (7th rounder don't even care) and Bozak maybe Kessel as well for future's that will be able to help McDavid or Eichel, Nylander, Leivo, Finn, Gauthier, Johnson, Kadri, McKegg, Brown, Percy, Loov, JVR, Gardiner and Rielly in the 3rd or 4th years when competing for a cup might be a reality.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
After 7 years...

This team is a disgrace. An absolute farce, voted the worst sports team in North America.

Tear down the Wall!

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
well am not gunna judge a season from 1 game out of 82

if the next 10 games are sour then you have a problem
but i mean if you can go from good start to bad finish

you can do vise versa...
hope this is a good kick in the butt

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010

you can do vise versa...

One game? Where were you when we played the AHL, Buffalo Sabres?

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Well I have said the same thing since 2009 and that is that the team will always play and perform as the top guys on the team does. That is how group psychology works like. And I have so far not seen anything that will change my mind.

If we want to be a hard to play against team who show up every night, win or lose, who battles hard for eachother and follow the coaches instructions, then we need to build around a core of players who do just that. It really is that simple.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Yep, I have heard this before...

you can do vise versa...

Yahoo, never heard this stupid battle cry before. Nope never have. Time to trade that first rounder. At 30 they always play better. Yawn! This is a gong show and by design.

"We dont need fans(players) like this. Total disgrace!" These players have no shame because they are overpaid bums. Year after year they produce nothing, in the real world they are fired.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
mcdavid

This team is just bad and i have to say it every week

You literally trade everyone except JVR/Kessel and Rielly. Keep a role player like Komarov.

We just suck balls. there's no other sentence to sum it up. Rarely does the team look good, even in wins. We get carried by Kessel or we just flat out lose. We cant play defence, didnt sign the only ones that could (kulemin), and we sign players like Clarkson to long term deals.

Long-term deals for Clarkson should have been an instant firing for Nonis, it just shows how stupid and inept, as well as desperate the GM is. Carlyle completely derailed half the rosters careers here starting with the Grabo line a couple years ago, giving unskilled players superiority in the lineup.

Trade everyone but Kessel and Jvr is the only way to go. I only say Jvr because if we trade him we'll need another player like him. Phaneuf is an abomination and basically his career spiral and questionable decisions on ice is suffocating to watch

Last edited:

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Tough schedule coming up... The rest of the month will be make or break ... Tampa, Detroit, Washington, Pittsburgh

Brace yourself

Oh trust me, the helmet is on buddy :laugh:

57_General_george_s_patton.JPG

I mistake pictures of him and Carlyle constantly.

Leafspoison*

Who the hell would want this teams crap?

You buy low and sell high, not the other way around.

You trade when you are in a position of strength, not weakness.

The only way to make a move that matters right now is to sell prospects and picks and possibly Kadri and Gardiner in a package.

Carlyle is JUST AS MUCH TO BLAME for this debacle, not just the players. He is the guy holding the reins.

Carlyle constantly awards poor play on the top 6 with more ice time. Sit the ******** and see how they like it. If Gretzky and Lemieux can be sat in their career, so can Kessel, JVR, Bozo and Kadri.

Santorelli was a plus one tonight in a 9 goal pounding.

Leafspoison*

mcdavid

This team is just bad and i have to say it every week

You literally trade everyone except JVR/Kessel and Rielly. Keep a role player like Komarov.

We just suck balls. there's no other sentence to sum it up. Rarely does the team look good, even in wins. We get carried by Kessel or we just flat out lose. We cant play defence, didnt sign the only ones that could (kulemin), and we sign players like Clarkson to long term deals.

Long-term deals for Clarkson should have been an instant firing for Nonis, it just shows how stupid and inept, as well as desperate the GM is. Carlyle completely derailed half the rosters careers here starting with the Grabo line a couple years ago, giving unskilled players superiority in the lineup.

Trade everyone but Kessel and Jvr is the only way to go. I only say Jvr because if we trade him we'll need another player like him. Phaneuf is an abomination and basically his career spiral and questionable decisions on ice is suffocating to watch

....you do? :laugh:

Leafspoison*

Get lost NHL schill! I already know the NHL has decreed stupid moves like this but dont hand us shyde and call it gold.

Funny fact: Burke worked at the NHL head office, Burke is buddies with Boston. Burke overpaid. Weird ain't it?

Staal is washed up and overpaid, put some more lipstick on that pig!

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Go check his stats, come back here and apologize to everyone, then quit the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad