Speculation: SNOD! Sharks Nostradamus of the Draft!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
1: Macklin Celebrini
11: Sam Dickinson
33: Charlie Elick
53: Carter George
85: Eriks Mateiko
116: Luca Marelli
131: Ivan Yunin
143: Timur Kol
194: Alexander Siryatsky

EDIT: I read the instruction wrong, I edited my draft in my original message. I'm probably late? But I'll still give it a shot.
You're good! It's 6:38 PM PDT. :thumbu:

You got about five hours and 20 minutes to make any quoted changes to your picks. :D

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
Thank you for putting this together Landshark! Insanely stoked for tomorrow.

1 Macklin Celebrini
11 Zayne Parekh
33 Colton Roberts
53 Will Skahan
85 Parker Alcos
116 Marco Bilic
131 Cooper Conway
143 Logan Crosby - AKA Sydney Couture
194 Alexei Dontsov

Reactions: landshark

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Thank you for putting this together Landshark! Insanely stoked for tomorrow.

1 Macklin Celebrini
11 Zayne Parekh
33 Colton Roberts
53 Will Skahan
85 Parker Alcos
116 Marco Bilic
131 Cooper Conway
143 Logan Crosby - AKA Sydney Couture
194 Alexei Dontsov
My pleasure! Thanks for participating!!

I am also insanely stoked for tomorrow!!! Most exciting draft ever, even tho we know who is going #1. There's #11 and those 2nds make it super exciting!!

It was a year of absolute suffering, embracing the tank is great and all, but dang... This is the payoff!!

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Missed the deadline for this but going to throw in my prediction for the top 11 for fun…

1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Buium
4. Lindstrom
5. Demidov
6. Dickinson
7. Silayev
8. Parekh
9. Iginla
10. Sennecke
11. Eiserman (this board melts down because we passed on Yakemchuk and traded up for a winger who many feel would have been there at 14)

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Missed the deadline for this but going to throw in my prediction for the top 11 for fun…

1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Buium
4. Lindstrom
5. Demidov
6. Dickinson
7. Silayev
8. Parekh
9. Iginla
10. Sennecke
11. Eiserman (this board melts down because we passed on Yakemchuk and traded up for a winger who many feel would have been there at 14)
I will be one of the melt downers

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
1 Macklin Celebrini
2 Artyeom Levshunov
3 Zeev Buium
4 Cayden Lindstrom
5 Ivan Demidov
6 Beckett Sennecke
7 Sam Dickinson
8 Zayne Parekh
9 Tij Iginla
10 Konsta Helenius
11 Anton Silayev
12 Berkly Catton
13 Carter Yakemchuk
14 Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
15 Stian Solberg

Official prediction. Got a bit weird at the end, but we’ll see.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
1 Macklin Celebrini
2 Artyeom Levshunov
3 Zeev Buium
4 Cayden Lindstrom
5 Ivan Demidov
6 Beckett Sennecke
7 Sam Dickinson
8 Zayne Parekh
9 Tij Iginla
10 Konsta Helenius
11 Anton Silayev
12 Berkly Catton
13 Carter Yakemchuk
14 Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
15 Stian Solberg

Official prediction. Got a bit weird at the end, but we’ll see.
Would be shocked but also ecstatic if Silayev falls to 11

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020

EDIT: I read the instruction wrong, I edited my draft in my original message. I'm probably late? But I'll still give it a shot.
2/2 so far Let's gooo!!! Happy that I managed to put it on time!

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007

I could see you going 4/4!

Not sure I want George that early, and might prefer Chernyshov to Elick, but Elick or Badinka as 6'3 RHD would give a highly projected player who fills a major need. They feel like the type of guys who round out a contenders 4-6 d spot would be a nice pickup. Picking up an Elick/Badinka and one of Wallenius, Freij, Kiviharju, Brunicke, Badinka, Hutson, Fransen, Shuravin, Pulkinen or Kleber at 53 would be sweet.

Going from Muk, Cagnoni, to adding Dickinson, and 1-2 others in the second is a significant improvement.

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
I could see you going 4/4!

Not sure I want George that early, and might prefer Chernyshov to Elick, but Elick or Badinka as 6'3 RHD would give a highly projected player who fills a major need. They feel like the type of guys who round out a contenders 4-6 d spot would be a nice pickup. Picking up an Elick/Badinka and one of Wallenius, Freij, Kiviharju, Brunicke, Badinka, Hutson, Fransen, Shuravin, Pulkinen or Kleber at 53 would be sweet.

Going from Muk, Cagnoni, to adding Dickinson, and 1-2 others in the second is a significant improvement.
I'm very okay with not having 4/4 if Sharks can draft even better, I'm very high on Chernyshov or Badinka at that spot also!

EDIT: Kiviharju would be a very nice project at #53

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Rules:
Trade prediction allowed, but if the picks are traded away for the year (meaning we had 14 but traded it for Luongo or something dumb you get credit for that round's points + 1) so: 2 pts for the previous example. But, you have to get the pick(s) and player(s) correct.
Trade predictions do NOT need to include correct retention percentage, if applicable.
If trades occur with any of these draft picks prior to midnight on 6/28 PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PREDICTION. I'll try to edit this post with the numbers as they change prior to draft day. (if they change)
Otherwise, Sharks currently hold picks #: 1, 14, 33, 42, (EDIT: #53 too) 85, and 116, 131, 143, and 194, . Please clearly state who you think will go at these picks specifically.
Finalized predictions are as of midnight 6/28 (that's Thursday night before the 1st round on Friday).
Anytime you change your prediction: find your original post, quote it and make your changes.
This rule is to make it easy for me to tally scores. I can just scroll backwards through the thread this way.

Scoring:
Get points for correct predictions based on the round. If you get 1 (1 pt for 1st round) & 14 (1 pt for 1st round) correct that's two points. If you get 1 (1 pt for the 1st round) and 33 (2 pts for 2nd round) 3 pts total. If somehow you only get 194 correct you get 7 points... but, how badly do you have to misspell Celebrini to not get 1OA correct? Let's not find out.

1st prize: 1 year sponsorship at HFBoards (there's a gift option, I'll just use that)
2nd prize: nope
3rd prize: same as 2nd prize

Oh, here, this will help to have them listed like this so you can just cut and paste the numbers into your post then fill in the names next to them:

I probably should have left the deadline the same as SNOG. I'll accept predictions submitted prior to 4PM yesterday. But long story short, hitting on the later round picks will yield more points.

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
So if you pick the player but the wrong round, what happens? (Serious question)

And if I picked Pikkarainen at 116 but he went at 85 (but we had just traded to 82), do I get a cookie?

I need to rework the scoring here. But the original rules are that you have to have the pick # and player to get credit... I've been thinking about it a bit. I think perhaps next time there would be a number of players for SNOD list == the number of picks for the Sharks that year.

Then the later the player is picked the more points gained for getting it right. Less attached to specific numbered pick and more attached to picking the players that the Sharks draft.

Maybe next time:

SNOD players get one pick per Sharks pick. Sharks have 8 picks next year, you'd pick 8 players that you think they will take. Then perhaps the actual scoring would be based upon the numbered pick used to take the player...

Perhaps tiered scoring by rounds:

1-2 : 1 pt
3-5: 2 pt

I guess I have a year to figure it out. I had also toyed with the idea of doing a poll thread for each pick and then aggregating the results across all the threads.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I need to rework the scoring here. But the original rules are that you have to have the pick # and player to get credit... I've been thinking about it a bit. I think perhaps next time there would be a number of players for SNOD list == the number of picks for the Sharks that year.

Then the later the player is picked the more points gained for getting it right. Less attached to specific numbered pick and more attached to picking the players that the Sharks draft.

Maybe next time:

SNOD players get one pick per Sharks pick. Sharks have 8 picks next year, you'd pick 8 players that you think they will take. Then perhaps the actual scoring would be based upon the numbered pick used to take the player...

Perhaps tiered scoring by rounds:

1-2 : 1 pt
3-5: 2 pt

I guess I have a year to figure it out. I had also toyed with the idea of doing a poll thread for each pick and then aggregating the results across all the threads.
Ok so you're saying I get 10 points for picking Wallenius at 33 when we picked him at 53 because something something math.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad