GDT: SKA vs Kunlun September 29 10:00 AM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Agreed pretty much on every point.

Just that from previous knowledge of SKA and Rotenberg this is exactly what I expected and it should have been everyone's expectation. There are posters who quite literally believe that accumulating points is the same as accruing xp points in a video game lol.
I honestly thought that the noise was pretty much just that… prior to witnessing this season in which I’m actually paying attention to. Boy was I not ready for that kind of coaching…

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I honestly thought that the noise was pretty much just that… prior to witnessing this season in which I’m actually paying attention to. Boy was I not ready for that kind of coaching…
Me neither. I expected him to be good. Get 2nd line duty and 2nd line PP. Kind of what Michkov was getting in Sochi. Except he just hasn’t been good he’s been dominant. He makes something happen on most of his shifts,

I don’t care for the argument SKA being better than Sochi. I’ve seen enough of the other players to know none would play top-6 on an NHL team while Demidov could at the very least take Newhook’s spot on our top 6.

I know it doesn’t change his development. But damn am I pissed off that he’s warming the bench watching plugs teaching him how it’s done, while the Habs are disintegrating before our eyes and he could be helping us right now,.

Reactions: Gustave

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
For sure, Michkov and Demidov would have been a lethal duo, they complete each other perfectly. But damm, I'm soo hype with potential to combine Slaf - Suzuki - Demidov. That's going to be incredible to watch.

I'm sad for Patrik Laine, but damm, Demidov is the best thing to happen for Habs since long long time!

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Me neither. I expected him to be good. Get 2nd line duty and 2nd line PP. Kind of what Michkov was getting in Sochi. Except he just hasn’t been good he’s been dominant. He makes something happen on most of his shifts,

I don’t care for the argument SKA being better than Sochi. I’ve seen enough of the other players to know none would play top-6 on an NHL team while Demidov could at the very least take Newhook’s spot on our top 6.

I know it doesn’t change his development. But damn am I pissed off that he’s warming the bench watching plugs teaching him how it’s done, while the Habs are disintegrating before our eyes and he could be helping us right now,.

What do you mean you don't care about the argument of SKA being better than Sochi????

SKA didn't want to give Michkov a roster spot so he went to a dogsh*t team who let him do whatever he wants to do. You just don't seem to be dealing with reality again.

Your expectations were entirely inconsistent with SKA and Rotenberg's history with 18 year old kids and were based entirely on your own bias.....that is on you and anyone else acting shocked that Rotenberg is so heavy handed. I have worked with plenty of Russians and this old school mindset is very common. If Demidov takes his lumps and continues to impress he will earn more leeway. I don't like it any more than you but you should have expected this as you are acting as though he is playing in Canada and you are not even attempting to understand the nuances of a different culture and the hierarchies within it.

The Newhook comment is just too silly to address.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I wonder how many people here ever actually wonder how they would sound in a meeting with Gorton and Hughes? Perhaps some of you should consider that. How many of you have actually had in depth conversations with NHL players, execs, agents etc?

I do understand the need to vent but enough is enough already.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
What do you mean you don't care about the argument of SKA being better than Sochi????

SKA didn't want to give Michkov a roster spot so he went to a dogsh*t team who let him do whatever he wants to do. You just don't seem to be dealing with reality again.

Your expectations were entirely inconsistent with SKA and Rotenberg's history with 18 year old kids and were based entirely on your own bias.....that is on you and anyone else acting shocked that Rotenberg is so heavy handed. I have worked with plenty of Russians and this old school mindset is very common. If Demidov takes his lumps and continues to impress he will earn more leeway. I don't like it any more than you but you should have expected this as you are acting as though he is playing in Canada and you are not even attempting to understand the nuances of a different culture and the hierarchies within it.

The Newhook comment is just too silly to address.

This poster gets it.
Except Rotenberg’s heavy handed decisions are even too crazy for Russian old-school mindset. I mean even Russian fans have learned to live with the absurdity and just humorously accept it.

You’d assume it would likewise have sunk in for Habs fans (especially knowing Michkov’s treatment) yet the constant perplexity regarding lack of usage, PP time, line-mates, etc. is like a broken record. Trying to analyze RoRo’s decisions will get you nowhere. The dude values principal over common sense.

The important thing is the big picture. At least Demidov’s development isnt being compromised, like it wasnt with Michkov. Rotenberg won’t be allowed to screw that up.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
This poster gets it. Except Rotenberg’s heavy handedness is even too much for Russian old-school mindset. I mean even Russian fans have learned to live with it and just humorously accept the absurdity of it all. Trying to analyze RoRo’s decisions will get you nowhere.

You’d assume it would likewise have sunk in for Habs fans (especially knowing Michkov’s treatment) yet the constant perplexity and complaining about lack of PP time, line-mates, etc. is like a broken record.

The important thing is the big picture. At least Demidov’s development isnt being compromised, like it wasnt with Michkov, Rotenberg won’t be allowed to screw that up.

Well said!

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
This poster gets it.
Except Rotenberg’s heavy handed decisions are even too crazy for Russian old-school mindset. I mean even Russian fans have learned to live with the absurdity and just humorously accept it.

You’d assume it would likewise have sunk in for Habs fans (especially knowing Michkov’s treatment) yet the constant perplexity regarding lack of usage, PP time, line-mates, etc. is like a broken record. Trying to analyze RoRo’s decisions will get you nowhere. The dude values principal over common sense.

The important thing is the big picture. At least Demidov’s development isnt being compromised, like it wasnt with Michkov. Rotenberg won’t be allowed to screw that up.

I recall reading about supporters of KHL clubs boycotting games or writing letters to club sponsors demanding changes. Why do SKA supporters put up with such incompetence?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
I recall reading about supporters of KHL clubs boycotting games or writing letters to club sponsors demanding changes. Why do SKA supporters put up with such incompetence?

Because SKA has traditionally been trash.
However they’ve been transformed into a premier team under Gazprom ownership. Investment in hockey infrastructure has skyrocketed too.
Id say Rotenberg is viewed as an extension of all the big money investment in the club. Take the bad with the good.
Moreover St Pete is really a football city. Zenit overshadows everything.

Reactions: Big Lurk

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
His stat line for playing under 10 minutes is f***ing ridiculous.

Complete trash move by Rotenberg but to be expected at this point, glad they lost.

Reactions: Redux91

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Hang in there Ivan, the season will fly by!
After watching videos of Demidov over these first half dozen or so games this season I came away quite impressed as to how much stronger and quicker he looks against stronger, older and superior competition. I think there is way too much consternation about Demidov's coaching and its potential deleterious effect on this kid's development. Whether Demidov plays 10 or 18 minutes a game or is used on the first power play unit or not, it should be obvious to anyone watching that this kid is a star in the making. Or it is at least to this observer. What a pick at 5 OA. While we are all questioning (lamenting) the hockey gods after the unfortunate injuries to Laine and Reinbacher, it should be remembered that those same hockey gods allowed Demidov to fall to us at the last draft.

Also, a thank you to Montreal for making these great videos available to all of us. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a million. And in this case, should serve as a potent salve for the pain and disappointment we are suffering after watching the probable lengthy loss of Laine.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
After watching videos of Demidov over these first half dozen or so games this season I came away quite impressed as to how much stronger and quicker he looks against stronger, older and superior competition. I think there is way too much consternation about Demidov's coaching and its potential deleterious effect on this kid's development. Whether Demidov plays 10 or 18 minutes a game or is used on the first power play unit or not, it should be obvious to anyone watching that this kid is a star in the making. Or it is at least to this observer. What a pick at 5 OA. While we are all questioning (lamenting) the hockey gods after the unfortunate injuries to Laine and Reinbacher, it should be remembered that those same hockey gods allowed Demidov to fall to us at the last draft.

Also, a thank you to Montreal for making these great videos available to all of us. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a million. And in this case, should serve as a potent salve for the pain and disappointment we are suffering after watching the probable lengthy loss of Laine.
I agree those videos are so appreciated!

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

If MT, Julien or Dom had the most wins in the NHL 2 years in a row, I would bet everything I own that many Hab fans wouldn't blink an eye about their terrible outdated coaching ways. Fans want their team to win, SKA has won more games in that span then any team in the KHL. When you win the most it's hard to fire a coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad