GDT: SKA vs Dinamo Minsk - October 3, 12:10 PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
He looks discouraged, click on the pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot (155).png
    Screenshot (155).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: SlafySZN

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
They signed before and have played since their draft years.

Both will have given SKA multiple seasons whereas Demidov is one and done

That is their sales pitch. Give us 2 years please or do not play.

Not buying it. There's a pattern of this type of player usage with Rotenberg, regardless of contracts.

Buchelnikov (electrifying player) extended for 3 years. SKA never played him, eventually sent him to Vladivostok. Koromyslov (very solid dman) was buried in favor of older pluggers. They loaned him to Lada where he's doing fine. And don't forget Michkov's situation. Ivanov signed an extension also. He never saw playing time.

Whatever lunacy is happening within SKA goes beyond the anti-NHL political rhetoric everybody lazily ascribes to the KHL.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Man. It's BS to say ice time goes to the guys committed to the team as the purpose of any teams has to be to win games and championships, which means playing your best and Demi merits playing.

Pure punishment.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't see why they would absolutely NOT want him to be transferred. Make a fukcing deal. And play him in Laval.

tabarnak, the unexpected happen with Michkov...why can't we have something unexpected positive happen?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We all knew his ice time would fluctuate. We all knew he'd play 4th line some games. We all knew he might be a healthy scratch at times. The fact he doesn't sign an extension will play a part in his inconsistent playing time. We all knew that going in. I feel like we're wasting our time complaining about it when it happens (that's not me telling everyone to stop, by the way. Feel free to speak your minds).

We all want him in the Top-6 playing 16+ minutes a game, playing on the PP, and given all kinds of opportunities. But we always knew that chances were he'd play 13-14+ minutes one or two games and then drop down to 10 minutes or less the next game or two.

It's also going to test Demidov. Is he gonna sulk or is he gonna work harder? There is still a development angle in all this. It might not always look like he's developing on the ice with his low ice time. But it's still a development between the ears.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I don't see why they would absolutely NOT want him to be transferred. Make a fukcing deal. And play him in Laval.

tabarnak, the unexpected happen with Michkov...why can't we have something unexpected positive happen?
MAN Whitesnake, I have been saying the same thing for a couple weeks. Just find a way to pay, as if Molson can't invent something come on now. Molson vs Philly pfffffft

FIND A WAY.

Doom Bot

Aug 30, 2024
I think the first few games where he had more ice were when they were still hopeful they could get a contract out of him. When he made it clear it wasn't happening this is the result. It's not even the unwillingness to develop him, it's a straight up punishment.

Reactions: Pickles

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I think the first few games where he had more ice were when they were still hopeful they could get a contract out of him. When he made it clear it wasn't happening this is the result. It's not even the unwillingness to develop him, it's a straight up punishment.
I'm actually surprised he got to 10 games. I expected 8 as the end of it. But I guess that's a bit what happened.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yes. That's what I assume.

Btw same happened with Alexander Romanov.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Feel bad for the kid, he clearly has the skill and ability to play in this league. He's clearly one of the teams most creative players, and he plays hard too. Politics at it's finest.

Hopefully there's some sort of light at the end of this tunnel, but he needs ice time sooner than later.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughay

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I think we’ve crossed over from playing very little just because he was a rookie regardless of on ice performance to just plain f***ing with his mind and trying to break him. It’s not an ice time problem anymore. SKA’s not acting in good faith. If there’s the slightest chance of extracting him they need to be on it.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Not buying it. There's a pattern of this type of player usage with Rotenberg, regardless of contracts.

Buchelnikov (electrifying player) extended for 3 years. SKA never played him, eventually sent him to Vladivostok. Koromyslov (very solid dman) was buried in favor of older pluggers. They loaned him to Lada where he's doing fine. And don't forget Michkov's situation. Ivanov signed an extension also. He never saw playing time.

Whatever lunacy is happening within SKA goes beyond the anti-NHL political rhetoric everybody lazily ascribes to the KHL.
Rotenberg is an oligarch with no coaching experience, and a VP at gazprom. He is a Putin plug who even acted as a proxy for Putin during the last election.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
lol at Hab fans. "OMG, the sky is falling!!!":laugh::laugh:

If Demidov's minutes continue dwindle he'll be traded. Rotenberg won't be allowed to screw up his development. It's similar to why Michkov was sent to Sochi instead of being buried on St. Pete.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
lol at Hab fans. "OMG, the sky is falling!!!":laugh::laugh:

If Demidov's minutes continue dwindle he'll be traded. Rotenberg won't be allowed to screw up his development. It's similar to why Michkov was sent to Sochi instead of being buried on St. Pete.
Michkov being a « jerk » was the best thing he’s ever done for himself. I hope that Demidov does the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad