GDT: SKA versus Sibir - October 28th, 12:30 EST

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
From the highlights he looks similar to Kucherov with his vision and perfect passes and I'm not saying he will have that impact right away in the NHL but there are similarities. Am I wrong to say this?

Personally, I'm looking at how Michkov's game is translating to the NHL at such a high level and it's making me hopeful that Demidov's production in the KHL will translate pretty quickly too. Kucherov is an insanely high bar but I wouldn't rule it out - Demidov looks elite.

But then I remember I'm a Habs fan and we're not allowed to have offensive superstars, so until he's over here signed and putting up points I'm not letting myself get too excited :ha:

Reactions: OldCraig71

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Thank you to those that post highlights of this kids play, I enjoy watching it. From the highlights he looks similar to Kucherov with his vision and perfect passes and I'm not saying he will have that impact right away in the NHL but there are similarities. Am I wrong to say this?
I've not seen Demidov plays enough to know but Kucherov is one of the only 5 players to have ever hit 100 assists in a season (Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr, Kucherov and MacDavid). Kucherov got the swag to go with the skills ...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Thank you to those that post highlights of this kids play, I enjoy watching it. From the highlights he looks similar to Kucherov with his vision and perfect passes and I'm not saying he will have that impact right away in the NHL but there are similarities. Am I wrong to say this?
Nope not wrong at all

For instance, at the same age
Kucherov had 1 goal and 4 pts in 18 KHL games

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Thank you for the replies guys and it is exciting to see such high end skills on display because we really need it. I watched Guy Lafleur play and that guy could lift the fans out of their seats. Kovalev was the last super talented player we had and we still talk about him often which says a lot about the lack of skill we have watched in the last 30 years. Honorable mention to Bobby Smith and Mats Naslund, they weren't too shabby either.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
What was Guy 23 yo? 1974-75 when he had his first big point totals.

If Demidov can amount to 75% of Guy’s impact, magic.
As you know back in those days prospects were drafted at 20. It took Guy into his 4th season to break out.

Thank you for the replies guys and it is exciting to see such high end skills on display because we really need it. I watched Guy Lafleur play and that guy could lift the fans out of their seats. Kovalev was the last super talented player we had and we still talk about him often which says a lot about the lack of skill we have watched in the last 30 years. Honorable mention to Bobby Smith and Mats Naslund, they weren't too shabby either.
Richer got me out of my seat many times. When he was on he was electrifying

Reactions: OldCraig71

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Not loving Demi’s record of 17 pts in 20 plus games. How many of the games did he average 17 seconds of ice time. Would love to see him get a fair shot at setting some KHL record. Hopefully the worst of this is done now

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Mad lad , his stats are simply crazy and yet everytime I watch him play it feels like it could be so much more.

''21'' games, 5goals, 12 assists, 17points, +15 all that with only a 10:51 TOI AVERAGE.

He has the potential to be a top 5 NHL top scorer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad