GDT: SKA versus Avtomobilist - October 12th, 10:00 EST

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Demidov robbed of a goal at the end there lol shit
Would of been great to get a quickie while rottenburg give him a 20 second shift to end the game, the prick

At least he played a regular shift in the 3rd period, the only period where SKA did anything. Let's see if there's a logical thread for him to follow there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So he gets 8 pts in his first 10 games playing anywhere between 10 to 16 minutes. Even gets an assist in the first game he played less than 10 minutes (7:32). He was named KHL Rookie of the Month for September. And the way he's rewarded is playing 5 minutes or less as of the next game and the 5 straight games after. Going from consistently on the 3rd line down to the 4th down to the 13th forward. Make it make sense.

I get it, he's not signing an extension. He's leaving after next year to come to NA. And we know that's just the way it woks in Russia. We saw it as soon as Romanov told CSKA he will sign with Montreal and his ice time dramatically dropped after that. Trade him. There is only so much Montreal can do. They can talk to Rotenberg all they want, ultimately, they have no control.

Demidov got promoted to the Kuznetsov line in the 3rd and is doing very well, now SKA is taking a commanding lead as it lifted the tempo of the entire lineup.

No points, but hopefully they impress enough that he plays on a 3rd line next game.

I'm not holding out hope. The kid had 8 pts in his first 10 games and named Rookie of the Month for September and that didn't impress.

Here's hoping Kuznetsov goes up to Rotenberg and tells him he wants Demidov on his line.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Start a GoFundMe page for it and bet we hit the target this weekend. Hell Dach probably chips in a million himself to get him on his line instead of Yoel.
i think it’s a great idea. But what happens to the money if it doesn’t work?. And should it be 3, 5 or 10M. 1M is not enough.

Edit1: I’ve just checked: money is reimbursed…

Edit2: if anyone does it I’ll donate 100$. Is it feasible to expect 50k donors @100$ each for 5M?

Last edited:

Leto

Feb 16, 2023

facepalm.gif

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
i think it’s a great idea. But what happens to the money if it doesn’t work?. And should it be 3, 5 or 10M. 1M is not enough.

Edit1: I’ve just checked: money is reimbursed…

Edit2: if anyone does it I’ll donate 100$. Is it feasible to expect 50k donors @100$ each for 5M?
10M is pocket change for Molson, he should already be on it. Getting his future superstar far away from the power-tripping clown coach should be his priority right now.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Do we believe Flyers paid SKA a bonus to get Michkov out of his contract? I presume that is against the rules and asswipe Gary should be penalizing them. Of course that would mean Ottawa losing another 1st.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

Rotenberg's press conference was 100x more ridiculous than this. He was asked about his misuse of young players, not just Demidov. His answers were just... wow, just wow. He even mentions Montreal.
I'll post it when I get the chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankMTL

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
SKA/Avtomobilist post game press conference:

Media: Ivan Vydrenkov (young player on SKA) was SKA's most useful defenseman in September. He was +8. Yet by October he only played in 4 games, with the exception of today.

RR: Who are you, his agent?

Media: No, I am not Ivan's agent. I work in the MHL, so I am interested in young hockey players, including those in SKA.

RR: We were preparing Vydrenkov for the shifts against Avtomobilist, to get him ready to show his best game. That's what happened. I agree with you that he is playing great, but the season is long and there are situations when you need to practice more. However these player details shouldnt be disvcussed publicly. We have a long season ahead, our next opponents are tough. There are moments when you need to practice more, hone your skills. We did this with Ivan and it worked today.

Media: Demidov was the best rookie in the KHL in September, played on a line with Kuznetsov, then Evgeni became injured, and was Ivan moved to the fourth line. Why did he stay there after Kuznetsov returned?

RR: Did you watch the game? What line did Demidov play on?

Media: He played with different partners, including Kuznetsov. But Kuznetsov has 23 minutes per game, and Demidov has about 6. Why did the ice time drop so much?

RR: I’ll answer as per Vydrenkov, he needed to train, work on the details, hone his skills. You’re not from Montreal, are you? They write all sorts of articles there at the instigation of pro-NHL American agents. But for a hockey player to play 20 minutes for SKA, he must be one of the best in the world. Our hockey players can play for any team, they have NHL experience. The experience of victories — they are Olympic champions and multiple winners of the Gagarin Cup. To win the Gagarin Cup, you must have championship habits. We are working on this, so that each of our hockey players has championship habits. We are working with Ivan and it is bearing fruit.

Today he played great in the most important part of the match. We trusted him with the most difficult, important parts of the game. And it worked. It means that our training process is yielding results. It will be the same with every hockey player — when we see weak spots, we are obliged to train more. We must always be honest. Objectivity is important for every coach. There are situations when agents in the US and even in Russia pay journalists and they write articles about different players to try an influence coaches to play them. And it’s even worse when agents call clubs where they have their own coach and say: “We need Vanya to play, otherwise you won’t work for the club anymore.” This is a serious problem. It needs to be eliminated. We need objectivity in everything, and then our hockey will develop.

There will be great games like today — it was a fair game, the opponents showed fantastic playoff-level hockey. It’s important that everything is objective, that journalists objectively prepare their articles, so that agents don’t pay for articles. So that there is an objective analysis of the game. There are many factors. You are talking about playing time, about ice time — apparently, you were educated in America. But you need to look objectively at all the qualities of a hockey player. Even if he played one shift and scored the winning goal. I watched the World Junior Championship, one player from the US team sat the entire match, and then came out for one shift and scored the winning goal. So, his head coach prepared him well for one shift. There are such examples in football too - the Norwegian Solskjaer from Manchester United. He was called the Golden sustitute. Do you know what that is?

Media: A golden substitution.

RR: Right. Ferguson gave him two minutes and he always scored the winning goal. So, he prepared him well. We need to look at the big picture.

Last edited:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
SKA/Avtomobilist post game press conference:

Media: Ivan Vydrenkov (young player on SKA) was SKA's most useful defenseman in September. He was +8. Yet by October he only played in 4 games, with the exception of today.

RR: Who are you, his agent?

Media: No, I am not Ivan's agent. I work in the MHL, so I am interested in young hockey players, including those in SKA.

RR: We were preparing Vydrenkov for the shifts against Avtomobilist, to get him ready to show his best game. That's what happened. I agree with you that he is playing great, but the season is long and there are situations when you need to practice more. However these player details shouldnt be disvcussed publicly. We have a long season ahead, our next opponents are tough. There are moments when you need to practice more, hone your skills. We did this with Ivan and it worked today.

Media: Demidov was the best rookie in the KHL in September, played on a line with Kuznetsov, then Evgeni became injured, and was Ivan moved to the fourth line. Why did he stay there after Kuznetsov returned?

RR: Did you watch the game? What line did Demidov play on?

Media: He played with different partners, including Kuznetsov. But Kuznetsov has 23 minutes per game, and Demidov has about 6. Why did the ice time drop so much?

RR: I’ll answer as per Vydrenkov, he needed to train, work on the details, hone his skills. You’re not from Montreal, are you? They write all sorts of articles there at the instigation of pro-NHL American agents. But for a hockey player to play 20 minutes for SKA, he must be one of the best in the world. Our hockey players can play for any team, they have NHL experience. The experience of victories — they are Olympic champions and multiple winners of the Gagarin Cup. To win the Gagarin Cup, you must have championship habits. We are working on this, so that each of our hockey players has championship habits. We are working with Ivan and it is bearing fruit.

Today he played great in the most important part of the match. We trusted him with the most difficult, important parts of the game. And it worked. It means that our training process is yielding results. It will be the same with every hockey player — when we see weak spots, we are obliged to train more. We must always be honest. Objectivity is important for every coach. There are situations when agents in the US and even in Russia pay journalists and they write articles about different players to try an influence coaches to play them. And it’s even worse when agents call clubs where they have their own coach and say: “We need Vanya to play, otherwise you won’t work for the club anymore.” This is a serious problem. It needs to be eliminated. We need objectivity in everything, and then our hockey will develop.

There will be great games like today — it was a fair game, the opponents showed fantastic playoff-level hockey. It’s important that everything is objective, that journalists objectively prepare their articles, so that agents don’t pay for articles. So that there is an objective analysis of the game. There are many factors. You are talking about playing time, about ice time — apparently, you were educated in America. But you need to look objectively at all the qualities of a hockey player. Even if he played one shift and scored the winning goal. I watched the World Junior Championship, one player from the US team sat the entire match, and then came out for one shift and scored the winning goal. So, his head coach prepared him well for one shift. There are such examples in football too - the Norwegian Solskjaer from Manchester United. He was called the Golden sustitute. Do you know what that is?

Media: A golden substitution.

RR: Right. Ferguson gave him two minutes and he always scored the winning goal. So, he prepared him well. We need to look at the big picture.

Holy shit what an absolute imbecile.

He figured us out guys, we're all being paid off by US agents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad