Confirmed with Link: SKA Officially Terminates Matvei Michkov’s Contract - He’s Coming! upd: signs ELC on 7/1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So just to clarify, Briere so far has

Pros
1. Handled the Hart situation
2. Handled the Cutter situation reasonably well all else considering
3. Managed to bring Fedotov out of Russia when it looked dead
4. Managed to bring Michov over 2 years early and against all odds.
5. Pulled off a great Provorov trade
6. Acquired another first rounder for Walker.
7. Signed and re-upped Phoeling for nothing.
8. Signed Tippet to a reasonable extension
9. Acquired Rizzo for nothing
10. Signed Hathaway
11. Acquired a few picks through retention.

Cons
1. Traded a 4th for Johnson
2. Hasn't traded Laughton yet

I'm starting to really like our sneaky little bastard. Can't wait till he trades Farabee for Reaves and makes me hate him.
Acquired Rizzo for buying out DeAngelo, an really getting another draft pick that way. Much smarter thing to do than retaining salary on DeAngelo which they should have never been doing.

Hayes is a con. He should've been a buyout, too.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly

lisan-al-gaib-stilgar-muaddib.gif

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Man, the people on this board make Eeyore look like Richard Simmons. I've been there since the first Cup, so I've seen some stuff. It's not like I'm new to the O&B.

But, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn, lighten up a bit already.

They've been shit for 12 years and haven't won a Cup in a Half of a Century.. Why should anyone lighten up? They are lucky they have any fans willing to spend an ounce of energy on them at this point.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They've been shit for 12 years and haven't won a Cup in a Half of a Century.. Why should anyone lighten up? They are lucky they have any fans willing to spend an ounce of energy on them at this point.

Negativity is just a coping mechanism. The Giroux Era destroyed us mentally because we had hope. It’s electrifying that Michkov is coming over, but they appear totally lost in how to surround him with a real core. You can hold both thoughts at the same time. I sacrifice my optimism for my sanity.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Negativity is just a coping mechanism. The Giroux Era destroyed us mentally because we had hope. It’s electrifying that Michkov is coming over, but they appear totally lost in how to surround him with a real core. You can hold both thoughts at the same time. I sacrifice my optimism for my sanity.
It’s going to take two things: better player development and improved scouting; both amateur and professional areas. No more Nolan Patricks or Deslaurier/Staal/Yandls. Good scouting would eliminate these types of players.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Depending on his longevity the Flyers are on a 12-15 year timer now, so it is very frustrating that they continue to waste time and assets trying to rush back into the playoffs instead of trading away the players that don't fit the timeline and stocking up on picks and prospects.

I can already see it clearly. In four years, after they have been bounced in the first round once or twice, Laughton has retired a lifelong Flyer, and Konecny is over the hill on an albatross of a contract, Briere will be fired and another former Flyer will be brought in as GM. He will put the Flyers through another 3 year retool, acquiring no top picks or players while hanging on to aging vets of limited skill. The Flyers will once again be a bubble team, making the playoffs every other year, never making a dent in the playoffs. At this point Michkov will be 33, on an expiring dea,l and will be traded for pennies on the dollar. The Flyers GM will be fired the season after.
So TK will be over the hill at 31. OK.

Wangstar

Apr 2, 2023
This is awesome news.
This will alter the selection of Russians. I bet Chicago is working like mad and Demidov at 2 is now possible. The big Russian D man should go too 8.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Me and you bailed on watch this team much around the same time. Does MM change that for you?

Contemplating buying NHL Centre Ice next year after a 2.5 year break from it.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Man, the people on this board make Eeyore look like Richard Simmons. I've been there since the first Cup, so I've seen some stuff. It's not like I'm new to the O&B.

But, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn, lighten up a bit already.
Amazing comp. I wish I had photoshop skills.

It really would be electric if they trade up for Demidov. No, obviously this won't happen. But I'm just saying it would be rapture-esque
Sure. But imagine when they trade up for Yp-n-chuck.

bingo-tarantino.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad