Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Sharks sign Kevin Labanc (1 year, $1M)

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
I thought SJS would be in trouble after the EK contract but they've handled their cap better than any team

Not better than the Avs and their cap. Who will once again have upwards of 25+ million in cap space (depending on what this year RFAs sign mainly Rantanen) with only Girard and Jost as the main pieces needed extensions

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
If somebody said the Flames were full of playoff chokers and they won 0 playoff games this year, you’d probably go out of your way to correct them, wouldn’t you? Even though they only won one game, and the difference isn’t all that significant, and that person may have a point, you’d probably still correct them. On a similar note, all I did was correct the poster who came into this thread to stir things up and couldn’t even get their facts right.

20% vs 0.76% (GA) or 3.22% (standings) margin of error/how wrong though is a pretty big difference is my point.

If you can't tell me that him being off by a single position is the same level as someone saying Jumbo Joe is the best defenseman the Sharks have ever had then you are missing my point.

aircobra

May 4, 2013
Not better than the Avs and their cap. Who will once again have upwards of 25+ million in cap space (depending on what this year RFAs sign mainly Rantanen) with only Girard and Jost as the main pieces needed extensions

Lol as if they were ever dealing with major cap issues. Their best player is only making $6.3 million. Come back when all their great players are no longer on sweetheart contracts.

Reactions: SjMilhouse

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
They lost Pavelski to keep the broken pieces of Erik Karlsson. What are you on about?

Also, they lost Pavelski because they didn't want to spend $7M over 3 years on a 35 year old who had only scored 5 5-on-5 points in his last 35 playoff games; not because they didn't have room due to Karlsson. This deal proves that.

They've currently got $5,382,583 in cap space with 8 defensemen and 11 forwards on the roster. They easily could've traded Brenden Dillon and Aaron Dell for a soft return, or in an absolute worst case scenario, paid minor assets to get rid of those players. That would leave them with $10,552,583 to spend on Pavelski, a backup goaltender, and two bottom line forwards. By matching Pavelski's contract from Dallas and filling the other two spots with Thornton and Marleau at $1M, they would have a 22 man roster with just under $1M in cap space.

Reactions: SjMilhouse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad