Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Sharks sign Kevin Labanc (1 year, $1M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Sharks fans better hope they can win a cup this year because that $1 million number should go up by at least 6x’s if he progresses on what he did last year.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Sharks fans better hope they can win a cup this year because that $1 million number should go up by at least 6x’s if he progresses on what he did last year.
Wait what? Everyone was saying he was going to sign at least a 5 million dollar offer sheet, but we just got him at 1 million on a prove yourself contract. Sharks fans can't win.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Is he donating salary so they can bring back Thornton and Marleau?

Maybe? Maybe its team friendly so there is more cap to go around for a cup run?

Only thing I can think of, unless he signs an extension off-season.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Wait what? Everyone was saying he was going to sign at least a 5 million dollar offer sheet, but we just got him at 1 million on a prove yourself contract. Sharks fans can't win.

I didn’t say that. You did a fine job of putting a whole bunch of words in my mouth.

If you need me to clarify further, the Sharks did win this year with his contact. What I meant was to enjoy it because it’s not happening again.

Easier that time?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Also, they lost Pavelski because they didn't want to spend $7M over 3 years on a 35 year old who had only scored 5 5-on-5 points in his last 35 playoff games; not because they didn't have room due to Karlsson. This deal proves that.

They've currently got $5,382,583 in cap space with 8 defensemen and 11 forwards on the roster. They easily could've traded Brenden Dillon and Aaron Dell for a soft return, or in an absolute worst case scenario, paid minor assets to get rid of those players. That would leave them with $10,552,583 to spend on Pavelski, a backup goaltender, and two bottom line forwards. By matching Pavelski's contract from Dallas and filling the other two spots with Thornton and Marleau at $1M, they would have a 22 man roster with just under $1M in cap space.

This deal doesn't prove that at all. I love how HF posters continually die on the hill with their arguments. LOL.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
I didn’t say that. You did a fine job of putting a whole bunch of words in my mouth.

If you need me to clarify further, the Sharks did win this year with his contact. What I meant was to enjoy it because it’s not happening again.

Easier that time?

"The Sharks better win the cup cause blah blah blah" is so f***ing petty. I never said you said it either, so get off your high horse. You contributed nothing to this thread and then got hostile when called out.

Is that easy for you?

Reactions: Frosty415

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad