Confirmed Trade: [SJS/LAK] Carl Grundstrom for Kyle Burroughs

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I have a big soft spot for Burroughs from his time in Vancouver but this is a really nice deal for SJ. Grundstrom has averaged 14 goals/82 for his career playing mostly 10 minutes/game on LA's 4th line and I suspect he'll pop 15-20 goals when he gets 14-15 minutes/game in SJ.

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
He can technically “play” both sides, so he’s decent as your #8D ideally.
Thanks for this - my only question is if Burroughs can play on the left side, because I'll leave a flaming bag of crap on Blake's doorstep if this guy plays on the right side and blocks Clarke or Spence.

Still was hoping for Grundstrom to turn into a draft pick.

Also curious how much Burroughs would count against the cap if sent to the AHL?

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
You added the wrong Kyle Blake.

We wanted Clifford.
No we don't!

This is like getting Englund last year (Englund just exceeded expectations barely). A guy that will be an okay depth player incase of injuries but probably will pass through waivers easily. I was hoping to get more from Grundstrum but with the injuries last year to him, it is what it is.

Reactions: Dog

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Thanks for this - my only question is if Burroughs can play on the left side, because I'll leave a flaming bag of crap on Blake's doorstep if this guy plays on the right side and blocks Clarke or Spence.

Still was hoping for Grundstrom to turn into a draft pick.

Also curious how much Burroughs would count against the cap if sent to the AHL

Kings can bury the full 1.1M/year cap hit if they send him to the AHL. It's likely a factor behind why they got him.

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
Kings can bury the full 1.1M/year cap hit if they send him to the AHL. It's likely a factor behind why they got him.
Cool, I appreciate it! Do you know the formula for how much a player can be buried for without having cap implications? I'm assuming it's tied to the salary cap and shifts year-to-year like league minimum contracts.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
He's an inconsistent physical winger. Not a bad player. Can definitely hold his own when he's on. He's just closer to a liability when he's not physically engaged.
inconsistent is probably being nice

dude literally vanishes for 5-10 games, shows up and you go "wow this guy can play, maybe he'll keep it going this time" then poof again

Reactions: The Pale King

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad