Confirmed Trade: [SJS/LAK] Carl Grundstrom for Kyle Burroughs

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
At least he'll have that "wow this guy can play" moment.
i'll take the occasional "wow that's a great moustache" moment in trade
Cool, I appreciate it! Do you know the formula for how much a player can be buried for without having cap implications? I'm assuming it's tied to the salary cap and shifts year-to-year like league minimum contracts.

i think

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Props to Mike Grier. Rough start last summer with the Erik Karlsson trade, but since then...wow. The Hertl trade was incredible; the Goodrow addition for nothing; the Walman and pick addition for nothing, and now getting rid of that Burroughs contract (I fell off my chair when Burroughs was signed last season).

Impressive work by Grier.

rid of Burroughs contract? He's like $1m for 2 yrs, if you buy him out, Burroughs OWES YOU money

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
i'll take the occasional "wow that's a great moustache" moment in trade

i think
Kyle does have that. You'll see it a lot when they zoom in on him staring out into space in the penalty box after getting beat for the 23rd time.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Weird. Seems like a clear win for San Jose here. An AHL depth defenceman for a real good 4th line banger? It's not like some landmark event and wingers aren't worth much in the first place, but i take the quality NHLer over the fringe depth guy every time.

Reactions: David Lunch

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Weird. Seems like a clear win for San Jose here. An AHL depth defenceman for a real good 4th line banger? It's not like some landmark event and wingers aren't worth much in the first place, but i take the quality NHLer over the fringe depth guy every time.
If he was that we would have re-signed him.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Grundstrom is ok. Always leaves you wanting more but maybe with more ice time he can hit 20 goals which would likely be around his ceiling.

Burroughs should likely go to Ontario. Seems like a rhd version of Englund.

Reactions: David Lunch

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Grier going to trade Curtis Martin for Robert Edwards and Andy Katzenmoyer any second now.

With Mike moving up to 11, he wants to make sure he gets a D-man.

My guess is he's sending Ferraro out, maybe as a package with 11 to 6 to Ottawa.
My guess is OTT isn't looking for a LD and isn't moving down to trade for one. A RD on the other hand maybe.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
If he was that we would have re-signed him.

I mean...they probably should have done that, instead of trading him. This is kind of reductive reasoning. "If this player was any good, they would never trade them..." is a pretty clear falsehood. Players who are good in their role are traded all the time.

Just not always for guys like Burroughs whose role is..."not in the NHL".

Going down to Georgia and challenging people to fiddle contests.

Spoilers, but they lost that one too.

• Haha
Reactions: GeeoffBrown

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I mean...they probably should have done that, instead of trading him. This is kind of reductive reasoning. "If this player was any good, they would never trade them..." is a pretty clear falsehood. Players who are good in their role are traded all the time.

Just not always for guys like Burroughs whose role is..."not in the NHL".

Spoilers, but they lost that one too.
The Kings are looking to add big bodied "bangers" as you like to call it because guys like Grundstrom and Lewis weren't able to fill that role.

Grundstrom is a decent 13th forward to have, has stints of playing good and then goes invisible for 30 games.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Unfortunately Grundstrom just wasn’t very good in LA. It would not surprise at all if he was another LA fourth liner that goes on to be productive elsewhere. Nic Dowd, Michael Amadio, etc

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The Kings are looking to add big bodied "bangers" as you like to call it because guys like Grundstrom and Lewis weren't able to fill that role.

Grundstrom is a decent 13th forward to have, has stints of playing good and then goes invisible for 30 games.

Having to play with the mummified hundred year old corpse of Trevor Lewis probably doesn't help much in that.

I always found Grundstrom reasonably noticeable for a 4th line energy guy the majority of the times i watched the Kings. I'd take that on my team. :dunno:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
SJ:
- Opens a spot on D for a kid or a trade (or re-signing MacDonald?). 6 guys currently if you count Thrun but not Addison.
- Bunch of guys not back on fwd, they get a young bottom 6 RFA to keep (or not).

LAK:
- Clear a roster spot on fwd for cheaper kid options or real vets for a cup run. Grundstrom was also arbritration eligible.
- Get a pressbox D so their younger D can play.

symbology

Jun 17, 2009

I kind of disagree. He does not go completely invisible. If you pay attention to all the glaring stupid decisions he makes you will find yourself cursing him off and on throughout the game. His stupidity often sticks out like a soar thumb.

He has improved on his decision making that last few seasons, but he still makes to many dumb plays.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm disappointed to see Grundstrom go--he's likable and easy to root for--but I suppose that he's had enough opportunities and would just take them away from the kids. I believe that I read that Blake expects both Turcotte and Thomas to make the team this year, and Fagemo will have to, as well, or be exposed to waivers again. Also, acquiring a depth RD could be a sign that he's not going to overpay to keep Roy, which I'm happy about, and that he's serious about giving Clarke a spot. Burroughs seems like an adequate 7th defenseman that can be in the press box most nights, but step into the lineup if Clarke or Spence needs a night off. Of course, knowing this team, I won't be at all surprised if Hiller plays Burroughs over Clarke regularly and Blake signs a bottom-6 forward this Summer no better than Grundstrom to re-fill the spot that I thought that he just opened up for a kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAKings88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad