Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] F Thomas Bordeleau re-signs with the Sharks (1 year, $874,125, two-way)

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I think the point of that deal is make the team or get f***ed.

80k in San Jose is hard times.

I'm cheering for him and if he is committed, there are a handful of guys he should be able to beat out.
Thomas Bordeleau has more competition than he had last season.

Playing as a center in San Jose might be out the door as Wennberg, Celebrini, Will Smith, Strum and maybe even Couture and Goodrow should have the middle locked down.

Bordeleau’s shot to make the team will be a LW but he’ll have competition at LW with Grundstrom, Kostin and maybe even Dellandrea and Goodrow if the latter two are shifted to LW.

It might be better for Bordeleau to start at the AHL level with the Barracuda this season.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Looks small and plays small for the NHL level. Nice skill though. I agree it will be a challenge for him and guys like Gushchin to breakthrough. I think adding the likes of Goodrow, Kostin, Grundstrom and Dellandrea signals a commitment towards building a more robust bottom six. And certainly, Celebrini and Smith are gonna take away opportunities in the top six.

But competition for places is good and a step in the right direction. Let’s see if he can earn a place this fall.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Thomas Bordeleau has more competition than he had last season.

Playing as a center in San Jose might be out the door as Wennberg, Celebrini, Will Smith, Strum and maybe even Couture and Goodrow should have the middle locked down.

Bordeleau’s shot to make the team will be a LW but he’ll have competition at LW with Grundstrom, Kostin and maybe even Dellandrea and Goodrow if the latter two are shifted to LW.

It might be better for Bordeleau to start at the AHL level with the Barracuda this season.

If he makes it on the team, it will be as a winger. It's been that way for a while.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad