Confirmed Trade: [SJS/BUF] 2024 1st (11OA) for 2024 1st (14OA) and 2024 2nd (42OA)

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
so your saying that buffalo who held the 11th pick is now out on necas because they traded down. but they were already one pick below the devils pick so werent they already out before this trade?
No, I did not say that. I said that the Canes likely would want a good prospect or player sweetener if they're going to accept a package with a lower draft choice.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I think the point system doesn't work without context. I don't see the value the 42 has for the Sabres who already have a deep pool. It's way more important to get the right top 15 player imo

That's where I'm at too. Unless Buffalo prefers MBN over Helenius (I think Catton is already gone) and doesn't see a need to take him at 11.

Reactions: Chainshot

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I like this for Buffalo.

A lot of players in that area are defensemen.
Checks Roster of Sabres high end D.

Go back 3 slots and a 2nd. Also if they go after Necas they have a 2nd now if they give up a first.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Anybody that called anything like this deserves a gold star.
I read the title twice thinking I missed the players names. :laugh:

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Love it as long as we're not drafting Eiserman (who I'd be okay with at 14)! Hoped to send 14+42 for 10. Can't be too upset at 11.

I have 11 guys that I really like after Celebrini- the six D-men, Sennecke, Iginla, Lidstrom, Catton, and Demidov. I also like Helenius, but just a bit less than those guys. At 14, I figured there was a coinflip chance we'd miss all 13 of those guys. One likely would have slipped to 14, but who knows. Add in being something team specific like DND on Yakemchuk (I picked him cause he was my dream faller for 14) or something, and it means I expect I'll be really happy with our pick...again as long as it's not Eiserman (if we can get him in a trade-up for 33+53 though, I'm game).

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I have no idea why you make this trade before you’re on the clock and know who you’re passing on unless this is a precursor to using the added draft capital to go grab a player. Especially since Buffalo’s prospect pool is already overflowing and hardly needs more bodies.

Hard to say whether I like this or not until I see what’s next. (If this is it, thumbs down.)

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I have no idea why you make this trade before you’re on the clock and know who you’re passing on unless this is a precursor to using the added draft capital to go grab a player. Especially since Buffalo’s prospect pool is already overflowing and hardly needs more bodies.

Hard to say whether I like this or not until I see what’s next. (If this is it, thumbs down.)
So you do have an idea ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad