OT - NO POLITICS SIX MORE WEEKS OF WINTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
It is brutal. My father passed away early this morning but it is a relief at this point. He stopped eating and drinking, it is inhumane to let something die that way but there was no choice. My nephew tried to feed him yesterday and he refused. He drifted in and out of consciousness most of the visit and when my nephew said he had to go home, my Dad opened his eyes, grabbed his arms and said "dead". He was ready.

RIP Dad
I wish grief and dying were easier to understand. That is a lot for you to take in. Please be gentle with yourself.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Big winner today is Jeremy Jacobs who has the concessions at the Ft Lauderdale Airport. I will get in 3 hours late

1675648125750.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Since the toilet pipe is typically 3" , plastic and doesn't hold water in it (unless its sloped wrong) it is way more likely to be a clog

My son clogged ours last year by trying to flush dude wipes which I specifically said NOT to do. It got caught on a pipe joint. Had to have the plumber come and drain the pipe.....yes it spilled in the basement....made my son clean it up.

Son was like well the package says safe for septic systems....I said what do you expect them to say?

Well apparently there was a stink *see what I did there* and then one day he texts me a picture of the package....now on it it says DO NOT FLUSH

Gee....Dad was right AGAIN
I feel like you should follow these guys on Twitter.

I do. A regional sewer district in Ohio.

I hate sewers. And Ohio. But these guys are funny.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
It is brutal. My father passed away early this morning but it is a relief at this point. He stopped eating and drinking, it is inhumane to let something die that way but there was no choice. My nephew tried to feed him yesterday and he refused. He drifted in and out of consciousness most of the visit and when my nephew said he had to go home, my Dad opened his eyes, grabbed his arms and said "dead". He was ready.

RIP Dad
I'm sorry for your loss, hopefully the good memories with Dad can help comfort you

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Im looking at the long term forecasting, that f***ing gopher was high as f***, winter isnt over, it never started!
2012 all over again.

Outside of one or two big storms last year, boston hasn't had a real winter in like 5 years.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Tried something new for dinner, Pizza burgers. Seasoned the beef with Italian seasoning, s&p, and pepper flakes. Mixed a little tomato sauce in. Topped with fresh mozz and a slice of provolone and 2 pepperoni. Put some arugula tossed with balsamic glaze on the base of the bun. Do recommend.

No pictures, ate dinner too fast.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Tried something new for dinner, Pizza burgers. Seasoned the beef with Italian seasoning, s&p, and pepper flakes. Mixed a little tomato sauce in. Topped with fresh mozz and a slice of provolone and 2 pepperoni. Put some arugula tossed with balsamic glaze on the base of the bun. Do recommend.

And you didn't save any for us?!

No cookies for you, missy!!

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

You know, Canada has free health care and i captained my local junior B hockey club

• Haha
Reactions: Kate08 and Alicat

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
On the phone right now with the attorney general’s office. Live nation sent me a 1099k with completely wrong numbers. WAY overcharged. Didn’t even come close to what they are saying. Time to raise hell

Reactions: Alicat and Kovi

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
On the phone right now with the attorney general’s office. Live nation sent me a 1099k with completely wrong numbers. WAY overcharged. Didn’t even come close to what they are saying. Time to raise hell
Could you just contact LN first and have them send an updated form?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It's the anniversary of the Blizzard of 78. I remember being in my pajamas for several days with no school and watching Susan Wornick report on cars that had been abandoned on 128.

and I can recall this because it is currently 72 degrees where I am :slaugh:

They literally will NEVER learn.

We had the entire week off from school.

True story- we were helping Dad shovel out the driveway (he was a volunteer firefighter/medical tech so he had to be able to get to the station. It was during this time he answered a call on a snowmobile but that's another story) as the plow guy was backed up. We were not far from the end & were tired. Along came one of the town plow trucks. Driver turned out to be the first selectman, an old friend. He stopped to let us know what was going on, saw that we were near the end and said, hey I'll finish that off for you. Backed up his plow truck, opened the driver's side door & leaned out so he could see better, dropped the plow and cleared the end of the driveway. He also cleared our mailbox, the neighbor's mailbox and about 50 feet of lawn. We decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth and just said "thank you" :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: sooshii and Kovi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad