Simpsons take shot at Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I actually enjoyed the Simpsons episodes that aired in 2002-04. I still like the show, get a few laughs here and there.

Season 2 and 4 are my favourite seasons while Bart's Girlfriend is my favourite episode of all time.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It should be considered an honor to be insulted by the Simpsons.

e6870857-55e1-42e0-9813-2edd2a635a30.jpg

Yeah I always thought this one was funny

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Love the hockey references in this episode.

Did anyone notice the carpet Lisa & Marge were standing on in the Canadian couples house was basically Nordiques logos? Not identical, but closely resembling.

And The Simpsons are still better than most shows on TV - of course some jokes are going to be recycled......they've been on the air for 30 years! There was even a reference to that in this episode.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Came in here to find edgy people saying The Simpsons isn't funny anymore.
Didn't take long.

Actually wouldn’t the edgy comment be saying the Simpsons is still hilarious?

I would say the majority opinion is that the Simpson’s has gone way downhill, thus agreeing with that position isn’t edgy at all.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
They made fun of Newfoundlanders as well. Quite the outrage down here today over that. I'm thinking it's a show that makes fun of everything and everyone, way more things to be concerned about.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Actually wouldn’t the edgy comment be saying the Simpsons is still hilarious?

I would say the majority opinion is that the Simpson’s has gone way downhill, thus agreeing with that position isn’t edgy at all.

Does anyone actually watch the new episodes or do they just assume they are all terrible? Because I will admit there was a run there where the episodes were garbage (Liza goes Gaga seasons) but the past few years, most of the episodes have been pretty good.

I mean, never as good as our nostalgia laden glasses looking back the the seasons we grew into adults with, but very good when taken at face value.

And still better than many other shows running right now on TV.

Reactions: Another AZ

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Does anyone actually watch the new episodes or do they just assume they are all terrible? Because I will admit there was a run there where the episodes were garbage (Liza goes Gaga seasons) but the past few years, most of the episodes have been pretty good.

I mean, never as good as our nostalgia laden glasses looking back the the seasons we grew into adults with, but very good when taken at face value.

And still better than many other shows running right now on TV.

I assume most people assume. I haven’t watched in years save for the occasional episode and it never drew me back in.

I really loved the old episodes and don’t think it’s nostalgia, it was genuinely much better of a show IMO. I’ve actually always been a Futurama guy over the Simpsons though if I had to pick. Just my personal preference as old Simpsons was great too.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
If they switched that to being America instead of Canada the team def would have been buffalo

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
They made fun of Newfoundlanders as well. Quite the outrage down here today over that. I'm thinking it's a show that makes fun of everything and everyone, way more things to be concerned about.
no mercy for baby seal hunters :popcorn:

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Well Matt Groening's other show Futurama which started to air in 1999 turned out to be better than Family Guy IMO.
Simpson’s started going after more shock humour once family guy came out and got very popular.

Not my cup of tea.

Futurama is a good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad