Simpsons take shot at Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
I await a Eugene Melnyk character on tapped out game. Don't watch the show as much but yes I still play that game lol

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
U8e38EI.gif

Reactions: LuckyDay

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
I too once thought the Simpsons had lost it. Grew up on that show and thought it was the greatest thing ever (along with Ren and Stimpy and Beavis and Butthead).

Then switched to Family Guy, and that was about the time I thought Family Guy was hilarious and the Simpsons was no longer funny.

However in the past few years, I now find Family Guy unwatchable and I really enjoy the Simpsons again, in fact much more than Family Guy.

I agree with the Futurama love, it's easily better than the other two and one of the best animated shows ever along with Batman and Gargoyles.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The Simpsons is still great.

I stopped watching it around 2005 because I thought it had gotten so bad. I’ve had people tell me it’s improved since then, but I’ve never gone back to watch new episodes. I’m surprised it’s still on the air to be honest.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Actually wouldn’t the edgy comment be saying the Simpsons is still hilarious?

I would say the majority opinion is that the Simpson’s has gone way downhill, thus agreeing with that position isn’t edgy at all.

Is it edgy though when you say you still enjoy the show.

I was born in 80 and thought the show was lame when I was younger. I then naturally grew older and understood more of their jokes and appreciated much more of the show. I still watch the show with my 10 year old and we both love it for different reasons. I don't find anything embarrassing (like some make it out to be) about it neither do I find anything embarrassing about GoT which everyone seems to be fawning over yet I simply can't get into. Enjoy would you want and if you don't enjoy it don't watch it. Very simple

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
I was not impressed.

Rare gag was funny, the Nordiques logo, the maple syrup for an IV, the Ralph like boy singing Come From Away, the obscure gag of hightailing across the Detroit river where companies like Seagrams became rich during Prohibition.

Why is Toronto seen from Niagra falls instead of say, Hamilton? Probably because most Americans have never heard of it. And most Americans will think the CN Tower is the Space Needle anyway.

But it epitomizes why Simpsons hasn't been any good since the mid 90's and even lampshades it:

Lisa

She's called "the heart" of Springfield with Bart and Homer wondering about themselves. The once sad little girl in grade number 2 has become of the voice of the miserable writers and their politics.

Canada is seen as an ultra-Liberal utopia, without understanding that thinking is imposed on us by the Federal Gov't, it's bureaucracy, including the state sponsored media. The classroom looks like anywhere USA instead of anywhere Canada. Its only saving grace is bringing up the SNC-Lavalin affair when the PM shows up and the final recognition about what a bunch of jerks we can be.

Another shot at the writing is the stories are not consistent anymore. What starts out as a gag regarding taking advantage of hard to acquire airline points (that joke hasn't been covered to death 25 years ago) and skewering upstate New York abandons it like it never happened.

The best animated program on Fox never does this: Bob's Burgers. Its like Simpsons before 1996 and its very tightly written, with Bob being the frustrated boob that Homer started out being instead of the dog that walks and talks jerk that Homer and Peter Griffen are. For 9 years BB has been consistently great - something Fox's other animated programs cannot ever say. Wait till your father gets home...

PS - She's read all of Judy Blume's books? Seriously? A lot of her work was not written for kids. Why is Sachmo saying he's always in her fantasies instead of "Bleeding Gums" Murphy?

Last edited:

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I was not impressed.

Rare gag was funny, the Nordiques logo, the maple syrup for an IV, the Ralph like boy singing Come From Away, the obscure gag of hightailing across the Detroit river where companies like Seagrams became rich during Prohibition.

Why is Toronto seen from Niagra falls instead of say, Hamilton? Probably because most Americans have never heard of it. And most Americans will think the CN Tower is the Space Needle anyway.

But it epitomizes why Simpsons hasn't been any good since the mid 90's and even lampshades it:

Lisa

She's called "the heart" of Springfield with Bart and Homer wondering about themselves. The once sad little girl in grade number 2 has become of the voice of the miserable writers and their politics.

Canada is seen as an ultra-Liberal utopia, without understanding that thinking is imposed on us by the Federal Gov't, it's bureaucracy, including the state sponsored media. The classroom looks like anywhere USA instead of anywhere Canada. Its only saving grace is bringing up the SNC-Lavalin affair when the PM shows up and the final recognition about what a bunch of jerks we can be.

Another shot at the writing is the stories are not consistent anymore. What starts out as a gag regarding taking advantage of hard to acquire airline points (that joke hasn't been covered to death 25 years ago) and skewering upstate New York abandons it like it never happened.

The best animated program on Fox never does this: Bob's Burgers. Its like Simpsons before 1996 and its very tightly written, with Bob being the frustrated boob that Homer started out being instead of the dog that walks and talks jerk that Homer and Peter Griffen are. For 9 years BB has been consistently great - something Fox's other animated programs cannot ever say. Wait till your father gets home...

PS - She's read all of Judy Blume's books? Seriously? A lot of her work was not written for kids. Why is Sachmo saying he's always in her fantasies instead of "Bleeding Gums" Murphy?

Bah you speak like a poet, and probably punch like one too!

Reactions: zombie kopitar

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Well... at least the Sens have been one of the most talked about teams in the leauge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad