Simon Edvinsson

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
More and more starting to show the promise.

Just need to find good cost effective partners for him and Mo.

With how he's trending, I think ASP is likely to be in the top 4, hopefully within 2 years max. Need 1 more left shot D and I feel really good about the blue line going forward.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
With how he's trending, I think ASP is likely to be in the top 4, hopefully within 2 years max. Need 1 more left shot D and I feel really good about the blue line going forward.
It will be really interesting to see if the Red Wings go the full home grown route with the top 4. Wallinder certainly has a shot to be that LD.

But that would totally be out of character for the org to put all that youth on the back end.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
It will be really interesting to see if the Red Wings go the full home grown route with the top 4. Wallinder certainly has a shot to be that LD.

But that would totally be out of character for the org to put all that youth on the back end.

Yeah he seems to be the best candidate internally, but IMO he needs to really step up this year in GR. Not that I have a specific name in mind, but the Wings are going to have a ton of cap space the next 2 years...maybe the answer is a top LD, even if it's an overpay?

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
I've been impressed with Simon so far this year. Some mistakes, but that's to be expected. He's looked incredibly poised at times, and is the only other defenseman we have besides Mo that can slow the game down a little bit.
...maybe the answer is a top LD, even if it's an overpay?
Fingers crossed Steve throws some money at Shea Theodore. Having Shea on the top pair with Mo next year, hopefully Ed takes a big step, can anchor his own pairing, and we can roll a 1A/1B type top two pairings, instead of the 3A/3B/3C we've iced for almost a decade.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Yeah he seems to be the best candidate internally, but IMO he needs to really step up this year in GR. Not that I have a specific name in mind, but the Wings are going to have a ton of cap space the next 2 years...maybe the answer is a top LD, even if it's an overpay?

This is definitely his year to shine. Ed looks like a top4 staple going forward. Albert has looked alright in his limited showings. ASP continues to impress in Sweden. Might be worth giving the kids the opportunity and throwing some of that free money at a forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad