Simon Edvinsson

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
What's with the loaded language? Who did he wreck? Seider and him didn't play well together and now Seider is playing with playing with a more symbiotic partner and doing fine. He wasn't wrecked. Some players just don't have chemistry.
Idea was Seider was bad with Chiarot, then got better without him. Then Hronek got Chiarot and he hasn't been the same like he was with Maata.

Dude has been a black hole so far. Any d man the Wings have that has a serious future with the team, I would prefer they not play with Chiarot.

But I could be wrong, who knows. Simon and Ben could be awesome.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
What's with the loaded language? Who did he wreck? Seider and him didn't play well together and now Seider is playing with playing with a more symbiotic partner and doing fine. He wasn't wrecked. Some players just don't have chemistry.
It seems like he also doesn't have chemistry with Hronek. Our top defenseman not good for Chiarot

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Big Ed looks good so far. He's scoring great for a rookie D man in his D+2 in the pros. His defense has looked better than I expected. I can see him and Seider being the first two core pieces for a really great Red Wings run.

Reactions: Dtybur

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Honestly, Ed has looked really good for the last little while in GR. His progression from training camp, to the first few Griffins' games of the year, to what he has been doing the past month or so has been extremely encouraging. Last game, he had a shift where I swear he just kept stripping the puck from the Texas players in his D zone. He poked it away from the attacker, another Texas guy grabbed it, he stripped it from him, then a GR guy grabbed it, lost it to another Texas guy, and Ed took it away for good at that point. (Or at least that's how I remember it with my beer goggles on, I just remember thinking, holy crap, how many times is he going to take it away from them) He just turned 20 and is figuring out the NA game. I don't see how he isnt on the team next year for sure.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
6 weeks from today the Wings will be playing their 74th game of the season. This is the point at which Edvinsson can be called up, play the rest of the season in Detroit, and still have his ELC slide a year.

Let the countdown begin.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
6 weeks from today the Wings will be playing their 74th game of the season. This is the point at which Edvinsson can be called up, play the rest of the season in Detroit, and still have his ELC slide a year.

Let the countdown begin.
especially with the possibility of a playoff push right now, they aren't going to bring in a rookie with no nhl experience because that would leave a bad taste in the mouth for em.

Definitely want to see him playing in the wheel though, can't wait.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
especially with the possibility of a playoff push right now, they aren't going to bring in a rookie with no nhl experience because that would leave a bad taste in the mouth for em.

Definitely want to see him playing in the wheel though, can't wait.
After watching hagg and lindstrom last night I feel the complete opposite. You add him playing sheltered minutes with a guy like Maatta he could help elevate this team

Reactions: Konnan511

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
After watching hagg and lindstrom last night I feel the complete opposite. You add him playing sheltered minutes with a guy like Maatta he could help elevate this team

ANYTHING is better than Hagg-Lindstrom. Holy shit are those two guys spare parts. Detroit would have been better off playing the game with 4 D than have those guys on the ice for any length of time.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
If they are serious about a playoff push.
Ed needs to be called up sooner rather than later.

Hagg, Lindstrom and Oeserle are struggling so bad the coaches can’t even decide which ones to dress on a game to game basis.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Dont you dare get me started with Hagg. He has been on my shit list since game 2 and I've voiced my opposition plenty of times. Hagg would come out of the lineup when walman comes back.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
ANYTHING is better than Hagg-Lindstrom. Holy shit are those two guys spare parts. Detroit would have been better off playing the game with 4 D than have those guys on the ice for any length of time.

It's crazy that I just watched the highlights on the Griffins' page and I only saw Edvinsson touch the puck once. This at least shows him a little more, but I still have no idea what he actually did to earn 3 out of 4 of his points

Reactions: deca guard

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
From the Athletic:
Moritz Seider has spent 511 minutes with Ben Chiarot and in that time was outscored 33-22 while earning 43 percent of the expected goals. In 333 minutes without him, Seider has outscored opponents 13-9 with 51 percent of the expected goals.

Filip Hronek has spent 257 minutes with Chiarot and in that time was outscored 10-7 while earning 46 percent of the expected goals. In 609 minutes without him, Hronek has outscored opponents 34-19 with 49 percent of the expected goals.

The Red Wings have the makings of a solid top four for the first time in a long time. Predictably, it’s one that doesn’t include Chiarot. Maybe he can hold his own on the third pair (his expected goals percentage did improve in sliding down to the second pair), but the way he’s sunk Detroit’s two best defenders has been a big problem this season.

Chiarot has not found a symbiotic partner as of yet.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
From the Athletic:
Moritz Seider has spent 511 minutes with Ben Chiarot and in that time was outscored 33-22 while earning 43 percent of the expected goals. In 333 minutes without him, Seider has outscored opponents 13-9 with 51 percent of the expected goals.

Filip Hronek has spent 257 minutes with Chiarot and in that time was outscored 10-7 while earning 46 percent of the expected goals. In 609 minutes without him, Hronek has outscored opponents 34-19 with 49 percent of the expected goals.

The Red Wings have the makings of a solid top four for the first time in a long time. Predictably, it’s one that doesn’t include Chiarot. Maybe he can hold his own on the third pair (his expected goals percentage did improve in sliding down to the second pair), but the way he’s sunk Detroit’s two best defenders has been a big problem this season.

Problem is our 2 best right D are at their best when given some licence to rove and and with a stable partner. Chiarot is probably our best left D, but is fast and loose and doesn't provide stability. If we had a right sided Maata type, they'd probably pair well with Chiarot. Sadly Lindstrom isn't that good and our other options (Hagg, Oosterle) aren't really NHL-ers

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
From the Athletic:

What I said was more of a critique of what was said about Seider/use of hyperbole and not a defense of Chiarot.

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Problem is our 2 best right D are at their best when given some licence to rove and and with a stable partner. Chiarot is probably our best left D, but is fast and loose and doesn't provide stability. If we had a right sided Maata type, they'd probably pair well with Chiarot. Sadly Lindstrom isn't that good and our other options (Hagg, Oosterle) aren't really NHL-ers
The problem is that I really don't think that Chiarot is any good at playing fast and loose either. He's a good physical presence and he blocks a lot of shots. Besides that he's sort of bad at everything, he's just brave enough to try things outside his skill level often.

Walman plays pretty fast and loose and isn't a model of stability. But he's actually pretty functional in that role so he and Seider work great together. They can play off of each other's skill and someone is always roving. It works. Chiarot just holds the puck until the defense covers everyone and then tosses a pass to someone that has to fight through coverage just to receive it, let alone do anything with it.

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
From the Athletic:

They need to try him out with a guy who never tries to jump into play like Lindstrom. Right now our top 4 should be Walman-Seider and Maata-Hronek

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Paul Coffey and Victor Hedman’s numbers as well. It’s like if you wear #77 you can’t bust.

So about that...

CzkXLeJUAAE79vJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad