• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
After Joshua Roy there is a steep decline in legitimate forward prospects that could step in next season.
I didn’t count Joshua Roy as I assumed he had graduated but maybe I’m wrong.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
I think Parekh will surprise some of you once he hits the NHL. But honestly I'm a fan of most of the D in our range. Buium, Levshunov etc.

This explains my thought process exactly. It actually fits with Hughes style of accelerating the rebuild so I don't think it's an outlandish possibility. Replace Reinbacher with one of our other D if you want but I think he's the only one (outside of Guhle who I'd prefer to keep) that might command the kind of value we'd need to offer.
But they traded to get Neewhook.
And Sennecke who is 6'4" is only 170 lbs. Kindda bizarre to draft him for his size.
Sennecke is 6’3, 178.

And will add a pound or 15 the next two years.
The kid grew five inches the past two.

Last edited:

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Demidov has better numbers in MHL than Kucherov.

Imagine we could had Demidov and Michkov both on same line. Kucherov and Paninin

Imagine Michkov will likely play in the NHL next season too.

Gorton and Hughes might need a bunker to hide in depending on how both Michkov/Reinbacher look next year.

Anyway, yes, I agree, getting Demidov would be nice.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I also think he graduated, but Habs already has 12 forwards signed for the NHL without Roy, so it will be decided at camp, unless Hughes manage to move some forwards this off-season (4 are UFAs).

Reactions: Runner77

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I have him after Demidov.

Lindstrom, while I get the appeal, has too many risk factors imo.

My fear is we just go with Iginla for the sake of it if our pick is taken.
Personally I have trouble putting one in front of the other, all F prospects considered.

Demidov is clear F#2, but between Catton Lindstrom and Iggy, I can see an angle on all three. I wouldn’t want to be the one deciding that ranking.

Only, if Catton is disqualified because of his size, I don’t like that. That’s not a criteria for me. His skills trump those worries.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Demidov has better numbers in MHL than Kucherov.

Imagine we could had Demidov and Michkov both on same line. Kucherov and Paninin
The Russian leagues are less competitive since the invasion of Ukraine dissuaded a lot of good players from going there. I expect it’s less impressive now than when Kucherov was there.

I’m sure Demidov is good, but I’m not sure he’s that good.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
You know how the internet is...I am sure 6'3 is accurate, a heck of a growth spurt

There is a recent interview on TVA Sports with his mother. The article mentions that Sennecke is now 6'3 ( his father is also 6'3). As always, it's good to take that information with a grain of salt and wait for the combine.​

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'm hoping the combine will make the picture clearer for us fans. Lindstrom being healthy, guys like Catton and Iginla showing their strength, etc it should really give us a better idea of what these players can grow into than just the height/weights

Reactions: bsl

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
After Joshua Roy there is a steep decline in legitimate forward prospects that could step in next season.
The absolute swing and miss by the previous regime, has left our forward crop for kids ready to play is just brutal.
Our first rounders under MB when taking forwards over those years, are just wow.
Scherback
MacCarron
Poehling
Who am I missing..................I think his drafting gave me PTSD, and memory loss.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The absolute swing and miss by the previous regime, has left our forward crop for kids ready to play is just brutal.
Our first rounders under MB when taking forwards over those years, are just wow.
Scherback
MacCarron
Poehling
Who am I missing..................I think his drafting gave me PTSD, and memory loss.
Galchenyuk and Kotkaniemi, two 3rd overall picks which were horrible choices.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
To be fair, I'd say a majority of us were ecstatic with the Galchenyuk pick at the time. Lots of fist pumping when his name was called.
💯 %
If there was ever a lesson to be learned about how to and how not to develop a young player this was it.
Alot of the responsibility of how a player turns out is the players responsibility but the team could have done more.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Scherback
MacCarron
Poehling

Not to defend MB but we had problem to draft good forwards player before him too

Reactions: Gustave

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
No I don’t think he’s done enough to have a guaranteed spot next year. He started the AHL season scorching hot, but was nowhere to be found for the most part afterwards. He’s only 20 and he needs to find more consistency in his game.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad