• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
My gut thinks that ANA will pass on Demidov for a Dman, and if CHI takes a D, I just can't see CLB passing. Alot of this will just come down to CHI's choice. If they take Demidov, we will probably choose between a top D and Iginla. If they take a D, Lindstrom should be available.

Reactions: LesHabitants

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
My gut thinks that ANA will pass on Demidov for a Dman, and if CHI takes a D, I just can't see CLB passing. Alot of this will just come down to CHI's choice. If they take Demidov, we will probably choose between a top D and Iginla. If they take a D, Lindstrom should be available.
Or Ducks take Demidov and then move on from Zegras. I think we’ll get Lindstrom or Iginla. Either is fine.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
If Demidov knee is a thing, apparently, he's now listed over 6"1 (184) from what I've read today. That makes him one of the tallest forward on the top 10. That could be an edge.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
If Demidov knee is a thing, apparently, he's now listed over 6"1 (184) from what I've read today. That makes him one of the tallest forward on the top 10. That could be an edge.

Per his agent, he won't need surgery and he will recover by the draft. Teams will be able to do their due diligence at his agent's showcase/mini-combine.​

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Assuming Celebrini, Demidov, and Levshunov are gone..... Who would be your pick for the Habs?

(I think Silayev would go to CLB, but throwing him in there anyway)
Lindstrom will go to the Ducks. He's totally a Pat Verbeek type player and is what their forward group is missing- some bite. Ducks hockey always has bite and they are missing that now.

That leaves a slew of dmen and Iginla. I'm not sold on a small forward who doesn't appear to be an elite skater. I'd just take the BPA, even if it's a dman. Our D group isn't elite, so it's going to need to be deep.

If they think Catton can project, fine. Love watching his highlights, but... I dunno about size again... I hope we don't go back to those days of being too small, we'll never win. Sure there are some players now doing well in the playoffs who don't have size, but they are few and far between.

Eiserman I think has too many issues- and he's an in-tight scorer as McCagg says. Not projectable despite all the skill.

Not going to pretend I know, but it does appear the BPA is going to be one of those dmen, maybe even if Lindstrom does fall. We cannot miss out on a Quinn Hughes or star dman just becauser we have a lot of middling D prospects. We still need an elite dman - who doesn't?

Reactions: bsl

Saku K

AKA Saku K.
Jul 28, 2002
3-Rivières, Québec
Visit site
I think the team drafting Lindstrom would expect him being more than a 60 points center while only 4 wingers got 100+ pts this year so demidov might not reach that level on a yearly basis. The problem with lindstrom is he may have a career full of injuries due to his style of play while demidov may not have that much potential. I see both being key pieces in a potential SC run though.

Reactions: malcb33

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
Should be a poll but; Is it best to select a 100 point small winger in Demidov or 60 point big physical center in Lindstrom?
I believe players on 100 point winger's line would be doing pretty well points wise. Even if Lindstrom was a two-way beast, 40 points is a gap big enough to go with the elite winger.

So far my top-3 for Habs:

1. Demidov
2. Buium
3. Lindstrom

I truly wish they could find a way to trade up to 11-15th pick and pick Eiserman or Yakemchuk, those guys are wild cards.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I had a dream? We drafted a short fat defensemen 2nd overall…

Also that my cars paint peeled and started sounding like an F1 car.

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
The more I read about Sennecke the more interested I am in him. Apparently he started the season very slowly but then lit up the 2nd half and was among if not the best player in the OHL playoffs.

I read he had a recent growth spurt over the past year and a half where he grew 3 inches so could that have had an affect on his slow start?

Reactions: Justin11

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It would be kinda ironic if we ended up drafting Demidov with Reinbacher instead of Michkov with one of the best defenseman of this year's draft which is the deepest in potential stud d I have seen in my entire life watching hockey.

And I'm not even down on Reinbacher's upside.

Voted Lindstrom but I'm not counting on him being there at 5.

I'd rather have Reinbacher and Demidov than Michkov and either RD that will be available Yakemchuk or Parekh.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The more I read about Sennecke the more interested I am in him. Apparently he started the season very slowly but then lit up the 2nd half and was among if not the best player in the OHL playoffs.

I read he had a recent growth spurt over the past year and a half where he grew 3 inches so could that have had an affect on his slow start?
He was 5'10 when drafted to the OHL (in April 2022) and started last season at 6'2 in October. He's now at least 6'3.

And his growth spurt played a part, it was visible at the start of the season that this was a kid that grew too much too fast and didn't have the time to adjust yet. Someone in here (habs sub-forum) also said he played injured in the first half of the season.

Reactions: Canadiens98

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I’ve said it before but if I’m drafting top 5, I’m looking for the most elite skill, no matter the size. After that, I’m drafting most skill in the biggest package. Even if player never works out as a top 6, they can hopefully at least be a bottom 6 player with size and speed. This is what I see with every contender that roll 4 lines that can grind and score sprinkled with elite talent that can break a game open. This is particularly true of D we’re MOAR SIZE reigns supreme in the playoffs.

Reactions: Rozz

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I’ve said it before but if I’m drafting top 5, I’m looking for the most elite skill, no matter the size. After that, I’m drafting most skill in the biggest package. Even if player never works out as a top 6, they can hopefully at least be a bottom 6 player with size and speed. This is what I see with every contender that roll 4 lines that can grind and score sprinkled with elite talent that can break a game open. This is particularly true of D we’re MOAR SIZE reigns supreme in the playoffs.
Berkley Catton if Demidov and Iginla are off the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad