• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Sigh. Go check the last time a team moved up from 5. It’s like once in 20 years.

What's your point? I was asked a question, I answered... IF we can move up it may be advantageous to do so. The rarity of it happening in the last 20 years is irrelevant. I didn't say it was going to happen. Not sure what the "sigh" is for. :dunno:

Last edited:

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
The more I read on Lindstrom, the more it scares me if we were to draft him.

Will he be another Alex Turcotte?

If Lindstrom does not attend the NHL draft combine, he's DND for me.
It's an attrative package at first sight but when you look closer there's a whole lot of risk factor you don't want associated with a #5 pick.

Iginla or Catton for me, if Demidov is taken.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The more I read on Lindstrom, the more it scares me if we were to draft him.

Will he be another Alex Turcotte/Nolan Patrick?

If Lindstrom does not attend the NHL draft combine, he's DND for me.
Could be the next Vilardi also….Docs will need to sign off on this one

Reactions: Runner77

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Lindstrom will go to the Ducks. He's totally a Pat Verbeek type player and is what their forward group is missing- some bite. Ducks hockey always has bite and they are missing that now.

That leaves a slew of dmen and Iginla. I'm not sold on a small forward who doesn't appear to be an elite skater. I'd just take the BPA, even if it's a dman. Our D group isn't elite, so it's going to need to be deep.

If they think Catton can project, fine. Love watching his highlights, but... I dunno about size again... I hope we don't go back to those days of being too small, we'll never win. Sure there are some players now doing well in the playoffs who don't have size, but they are few and far between.

Eiserman I think has too many issues- and he's an in-tight scorer as McCagg says. Not projectable despite all the skill.

Not going to pretend I know, but it does appear the BPA is going to be one of those dmen, maybe even if Lindstrom does fall. We cannot miss out on a Quinn Hughes or star dman just becauser we have a lot of middling D prospects. We still need an elite dman - who doesn't?
after trading Drysdale I think its written in the sky that they take Levshunov.

Reactions: themilosh and Tyson

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Two certainties in the early part of this draft:
- Celebrini goes first
- Lev goes to Anaheim

Not certainties, but likely outcomes:
- Chicago goes Demidov or Dickinson
- Columbus goes Dickinson or Silayev
- Montreal goes Demidov or Iginla

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Meh... Speed is also very scary when it comes to trying to win a game, and imo a harder disadvantage to game plan against
Sensible reply.. i think what we both want is a little from column A and a little more from column B.

after trading Drysdale I think its written in the sky that they take Levshunov.
Grant has Levshunov down bc of low game IQ

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I saw the videos and would argue that you can find similar videos on any player.
True... especially at this age, but his conspiracy theory was interesting... this happens in soccer with players from Africa as their birthdate forms can be altered.. i believe similar mentions were done with Freddy Adu in MLS..

All you have to do is alter yoyr birth certificate by a year or two, and happen to have very high (but not elite) skill, it can certainly make you look like a superstar at 18 (nee 20)... that comes with alot of money for the first 3 or so years.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I’m agreeing with you on everything here. I’m curious who you would take at 5?

Can I plead the 5th?

Such a wide open pool and I haven't seen nearly enough actual footage from so many of the potential options... Working mostly from summarizing the various reports/profiles, which are always dubious at best.

Feet to the fire... In order, picking first guy remaining at 5OA

Demidov
Iginla
Catton
Lindstrom
a dman
Eiserman
Helenius
Sennecke

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Normally, I don't like reading the comments from a coach or a teammate on a player, because they tend to be very biased. But the below article is an interview from anonymous people. I like them much more than the comments from a coach/teammate.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2024/05/22/repechage-ca-va-etre-un-tab--dailier-offensif-top-6

This is very telling.

Iginla is definitely a Habs type pick with the character.

1716708425847.png

1716708455769.png

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
The actual order (after Demi), of who I want the Habs to take changes on a daily basis honestly, and I think id be happy with alot of the top 8 projected picks. People will hate the pick no matter what, and people will love the pick. It will take a couple years to know whos right, and I honestly am down for whatever. But I want to somehow snag Demi. I do believe there will be some movement from us at the draft though and its exciting

Reactions: HabbyGuy

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Grant has Levshunov down bc of low game IQ
its McCagg, and hes the only scout to rank him so low. Ill go with the majority.

Whatever the csae, if the Ducks dont want Lev, I assume theyll take another Dman given how deep they are in this draft to replace Drysdale.

theyre already stacked on forwards: Carlsson, McTavish, Gauthier, Terry, Zegras.....

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
its McCagg, and hes the only scout to rank him so low. Ill go with the majority.

Whatever the csae, if the Ducks dont want Lev, I assume theyll take another Dman given how deep they are in this draft to replace Drysdale.

theyre already stacked on forwards: Carlsson, McTavish, Gauthier, Terry, Zegras.....

Anaheim will take Levshunov if Chicago doesn't. Grant has a bias against Russian D men ever since the Habs took Sergachev over his beloved McLeod.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Anaheim will take Levshunov if Chicago doesn't. Grant has a bias against Russian D men ever since the Habs took Sergachev over his beloved McLeod.
Grant showed some not so favorable clips of Levshunov that questioned his on ice intelligence. I counter that you can find video of every prospect that shows them in a less than favorable standing. I stopped watching that podcast when I saw those clips.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The closer it gets to draft day the more I worry of a possible Lindstrom selection. This guy scares me a bit. I like Catton, Iggy, lindstrom, eiserman, I think Lindstrom scares me the most. I think he’s Gorton type of pick too, I just hope we get it right. We can’t afford to get nothing with this pick.
It seems on many sites Lindstrom is starting to drop. Obviously we don't know what the Habs scouts are thinking.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

Grant isn’t really a scout.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It seems on many sites Lindstrom is starting to drop. Obviously we don't know what the Habs scouts are thinking.

It's the Fantilli effect. He does a lot of things at a high level so teams are afraid his offensive upside is limited compared to a prospect that displays a couple of elite skills and bases their game around that.

Had Lindstrom completed his 50 goals -100 pts season, he'd be out of reach.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
The closer it gets to draft day the more I worry of a possible Lindstrom selection. This guy scares me a bit. I like Catton, Iggy, lindstrom, eiserman, I think Lindstrom scares me the most. I think he’s Gorton type of pick too, I just hope we get it right. We can’t afford to get nothing with this pick.
They all have flaws that could cause them to end up disappointments, that's the nature of drafting 17 year olds. And yes it's extremely important that we get this pick right, meaning we get a great player even if not the absolute best pick in a re-draft 5 years from now.

One of the things I find somewhat ironic with regards to Lindstrom is when games played is brought up as a concern. Like sure 32 regular season isn't ideal, but you never seem # of games played brought up for Demidov with 30 MHL regular season games + 1 VHL and 4 KHL games. And just like Lindstrom has no international games either to raise/lower their stock.

Health is obviously a concern, but none of us our doctors with access to his medical files. If the team doctors review his files and say there's no concern you have to trust them, if they say there are some concern you also have to trust them and go with someone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad