Confirmed with Link: Signing Connor Hughes 1 year (two way contract) Goalie Lausanne HC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Good that they addressed the AHL veteran backup stuff early this time, they learned from their mistake.

I feel like this is closer to a rich man Mann type signing than an actual proven vet signing.

This past year was a career by far from him and he was still platooning the goal with two other guys until the playoffs.

Interesting bet for sure, but I would still keep a few vets on speed dial.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I expected them to just keep Kaskisuo in that role, but he might be looking at going back to Europe I guess. We definitely need a good veteran goalie backup in Laval, Dobes is still very young and he can't be starting every game. If Hughes can be around league average stat wise, he'll do the job just fine.

Reactions: bopeep

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Watching Lausanne in the playoffs I thought Hughes had really some great moments. Great reflexes. good puck awareness. I think my problem with him is that he moves a lot in front of his net. But he,s a big guy. Can't wait to see him play!

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
I feel like this is closer to a rich man Mann type signing than an actual proven vet signing.

This past year was a career by far from him and he was still platooning the goal with two other guys until the playoffs...

Not true. Hughes' stats over the last three season are more than solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad