Confirmed with Link: Signed: Vladislav Namestnikov (2X2)

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
okay now i really don’t know. i assume he’s gonna be the 2C now

Bertuzzi Larkin Mantha
Fabbri Namestnikov Zadina
Brome Ras Ryan
Gagner Filpulla Helm

He's not good enough defensively nor does he drive offense well enough to be 2C..

But there is a chance he's better than Filppula

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I may be alone on this island, but I think Nielsen is a better player than Filppula. Look at how Filppula got demolished as a 2C last year, compared to what Nielsen did at 2C the year prior.
Obviously you didn't watch him play last year. Nielsen looked scared to be on the ice, and he got physically demolished every time he was on the ice. I think it's dangerous for his long term health to get on the ice.

Flip had AA on his wing for the vast majority of the games, and all of the lower lines had Bowey, Cholo, Daley, Ericsson, or Biega playing behind them.

Flip also looked good at 3C with the Isles prior to signing with the Wings. Age is catching up to both players.

It's either Fabbri or Namestnikov at 2C.

Reactions: avssuc and 14ari13

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
I had a feeling he'd end up with the Wings. But, not sure where he fits now.

This rules out any deal with Tampa for Johnson. Unless we send a forward the other way.

They should have bought out Neilsen as well.

Last edited:

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
We are going to be BIG sellers at the deadline.
Yeah, best case scenario I can see is 3 of these

Ryan has a decent comeback season (15-20 g, 35-40 point pace) and is moved for a second and 5th

Helm 50% retained for a late 2nd (Would accept a third though)

Glendenning for a late second (would accept a 3rd though)

Merril should he want to for a 3rd

Filppula for a 4th/5th

Ganger for a 4th

prices are what I see to be best case scenario returns. I can see us getting a lot of picks in return, but unfortunately in bargain bin deals

Last edited:

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Agreed, I hope Yzerman can get us that Ottawa draft somehow. 3 1sts would be a major boon for our rebuild.
I unfortunately do not see any of the players we’re likely to trade garnering a first. Maybe we can get a mid 2nd for Ryan should he have a good season and package that with our 2nd for something in the mid 20s, but that’s it.

Or if we package two players (Ryan and Glendenning to a team needing depth) for a late first

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I unfortunately do not see any of the players we’re likely to trade garnering a first. Maybe we can get a mid 2nd for Ryan should he have a good season and package that with our 2nd for something in the mid 20s, but that’s it

Individually, no I agree. But we have other assets and perhaps we can get creative in package deals that net us higher draft picks. There is also the chance at taking cap dumps for a premium.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
If the NHL tries to get 80 games in, part of the plan (which is undetermined) is to have many games back to back. Roster limits will/may be higher, maybe 30 players. A good time to have extra players
Also a need for team's to have 2 good goalies as there won't be as much "day's rest" time between games

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
But if we just bury him we're only on the hook for this year and next. I want the team free of dead cap ASAP unless we're taking draft picks for it.
I understand that, but the Wings aren't looking to have any cap crunch over the next four seasons, so saving ~$600k against the Cap during the 2022-23 and 2023-24 seasons means very little. There's currently one player signed through either of those seasons, and that's Larkin. While Mantha, Bert and Hronek are sure to be extended longer that that, those are literally the only players on the near horizon looking to get a big payday from the Wings. Beyond that, the only big extensions that off-season (other than Larkin) will be Zadina and potentially Seider (if his contract slides this season). An extra few hundred thousand dollars won't impact those signings in the least.

That said, I would still prefer to ride out Nielsen's contract, if only because someone will need to play after the inevitable TDL sell-off.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I see this as a way to play Fabbri on as 3C at least to start to see if its tenable while having Flip on the wing and used if necessary as a C if the experiment fails.

Reactions: Gniwder

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
AHL cancelled.

Kids sent to Europe.

Plugs will play in NHL.
Has the AHL season officially been cancelled?

I do wonder if Yzerman knows something that's not public yet regarding the minors, kids in Europe, and NHL roster limits for next season.

I guess I should make fun of Stevie for bringing in a former player the way I would Holland but I don't know enough about Namestnikov to really judge this move.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Has the AHL season officially been cancelled?

I do wonder if Yzerman knows something that's not public yet regarding the minors, kids in Europe, and NHL roster limits for next season.

I guess I should make fun of Stevie for bringing in a former player the way I would Holland but I don't know enough about Namestnikov to really judge this move.
He's actually a useful NHL player, so there's one difference.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I feel like Yzerman's just out there collecting junk.

Gagner.
Staal (at least we got a pick)
Stecher.
Merril.
Ryan.
Namestnikov.

Namestnikov probably isn't a center. He's taken 101 faceoffs over two years. He struggled with faceoffs in Tampa.
Surprisingly, he scored 4 shorthanded goals for Ottawa. Maybe Yzerman sees him as a two-way guy.

Reactions: Winger98

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI

Gagner.
Stecher.
Merril.
Ryan.
Namestnikov.

Namestnikov probably isn't a center. He's taken 101 faceoffs over two years. He struggled with faceoffs in Tampa.
Surprisingly, he scored 4 shorthanded goals for Ottawa. Maybe Yzerman sees him as a two-way guy.
You’re still mad we didn’t take your boy Sanderson lol

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Gagner.
Stecher.
Merril.
Ryan.
Namestnikov.

Ehn
Perlini
Abby
Ericsson
Daley
Bowey

Erne
Hirose
Cholo

I don't understand the complaint when you look at the players they replaced. Not to mention the salaries and terms. Stevie has obviously come to the conclusion that the kids aren't ready yet.

I think Ryan is going to light it up for some reason.... all of these players have something to prove, and much like VGK's inaugural season, these guys could wind up playing much better than expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad