Value of: Sidney Crosby

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
If he's ready to move on the organization would be stupid not to accept a 1st + for him.

Zero reason for him to cut his career short by several seasons just to grind it out in Pittsburgh. It's one thing to say you want to stay with one franchise then to suddenly realize you're going to have to work 2-3x harder going forward, in your late 30s, just for your team to maybe compete down the stretch for an 8th seed - that's if one of the other teams falls off.

Or go somewhere as the number 2 guy and play meaningful games, with better linemates, padding your stats, and elongating your career no longer being the sole focus of the opposing team for all 82 games.

Colorado, Boston, Montreal - they all make sense. But so do many others. I'd just like to see him play meaningful hockey again.
How does Montreal make any sense?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Trade him at deadline for a 1st assuming PIT aren not close to making it and then sign him back again in the offseason.
Win-win-win.

Do the Keith Tkachuk for few yrs til he is ready to retire.

Literally because they only offered him 3 million a year. That’s an insult to anyone who is still capable of scoring 40 goals a year.
And you want PIT to offer Crosby 8.7Mx5yr extension just to not insult him?

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
TB would base an offer around Cirelli. Well, I hope we would.

How generous.

And you want PIT to offer Crosby 8.7Mx5yr extension just to not insult him?

He just scored over 90 points and damn near carried the Pens into a playoff spot against their will. He’s going to get something like 9.5 x3 and will be worth it. Look at how much a bunch of 50 point players just got paid 4 days ago.

Gotta reach the cap floor when we’re rebuilding anyways. Might as well take a chance of overpaying a guy that has been underpaid his entire career.

Last edited:

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Agreed, they will not trade for him. If Sid really wants to play in Montreal, then he would just sign there in the off season. He isn't going to go from a non playoff team in Pittsburgh to another non playoff team in Montreal.

I think it's Colorado, Boston because of the friendship of Mack and Marchand
Washington wants in too!

I’m not sure we have any of his friends, but it would be a fun year.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Agreed, they will not trade for him. If Sid really wants to play in Montreal, then he would just sign there in the off season. He isn't going to go from a non playoff team in Pittsburgh to another non playoff team in Montreal.

I think it's Colorado, Boston because of the friendship of Mack and Marchand
I think so as well and hope that he moves as he won't see any more playoff time with the Pens the way they are constructed.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
oh look its this thread again, how spledifrently fantabulos.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I'd love to see it as a Habs fan, but there's no chance in hell it happens.

However, if the Habs were somehow in the playoffs picture and Sid wanted to come close to his home to retire I'd offer both of our 2025 1sts and one of our D prospect Harris/Struble/Barron and try to negotiate an extension within the deal.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
If he wants to win I would respect it. He's still such an elite player and it's kind of a shame he's languishing on a team that's about to fall off a cliff. It wouldn't diminish his legacy in my eyes if he finished out his last few years on a different team.

Any of Colorado, Edmonton, Tampa, or Boston would be ok with me.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
We will pretend a scenario

Team Colorado Avalanche

Landeskog unfortunatly can not make it back in this time line. Which looks more likelier then not. It is a shame he Is a warrior and glad he got a cup.

Here comes Colorado looking for another one and the Penguins 12 points back from a wild card slot with 2 days before the deadline.
Crosby with a modest 1.05 points per game.

Colorado

2026 1st rounder
Calum Ritchie
2027 1st rounder condition on winning the cup in 2025 or 2026 with Crosby on the roster.

Pittsburgh Penguins

Sidney Crosby retained 50% do 4.35 Million
Crosby also signs a 3 year deal at 8.7 million (a discount considering rumors of 10 million circling)

Does Colorado accept this deal?

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Literally because they only offered him 3 million a year. That’s an insult to anyone who is still capable of scoring 40 goals a year.

Buddy looked Ovi slow many nights. The fan takes are crazy in a way and - well, fitting in others.

Paying that dude more than 5-6M with term was a mistake. Nashville needed something for their fans to feel happy about. But Stamkos is nearly a powerplay merch at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad