Value of: Sidney Crosby to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Could it ever happen?

giphy.gif

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Until yesterday, I would have told you Sid is never going to be traded. Under new ownership...who knows? I'll downgrade it to "unlikely, but possible."

I don't think he'd be traded in the middle of a season, if he were really on the block. Pens would also need to secure a visible overpayment, especially if he's dealt with multiple years remaining on his deal, lest new ownership risk a catastrophic PR loss. New owners dealing Crosby for anything other than a king's ransom (at least relative to his age) would kill public interest in the team.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Anything else you want? We also got this Malkin sitting in the back, but it don't run (yet). Crosby is like a early 2000s Land Rover sitting out front with big soap letters (SALE and PRICE) on the windshield. IE was once a very nice piece, but now a shell of it's former self and will only let you down.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Then you have Eklund claming Malkin to The Caps next year. Letting them both in the same division? Just...lol...no

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Just for legacy reasons I doubt he is dealt, but it would be the smart move for the franchise at this point to get some high end futures back for him and kick off a rebuild.

They are done as cup contender so the next half decade will they will likely just be riding out Crosby/Malkin/Letangs careers rather than actually building a team with a brighter future.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To New York: Crosby

To Pittsburgh: Strome, Kravtsov, Othmann, Schneider, 2022 1st, STL's 2022 2nd

Rangers get Crosby without sacrificing any of their elite young talent currently on their roster

Pittsburgh add a nice haul of young assets, plus a veteran top 6 forward on an expiring contract who can be flipped to a contender looking to dump salary...

For example...

To Florida: Strome

To Pittsburgh: Hornqvist, 2023 1st

So, Pittsburgh comes away with...

NYR's 2022 1st, FLA's 2023 1st, STL's 2022 2nd, Schneider, Kravtsov, Othmann

That's 2 1sts, a 2nd, and 3 prospects for Crosby

All things considered, that's a pretty good return...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Rangers get Crosby without sacrificing any of their elite young talent currently on their roster

Pittsburgh add a nice haul of young assets, plus a veteran top 6 forward on an expiring contract who can be flipped to a contender looking to dump salary...

For example...

Lmao at you trying to say that's a "good return" for Sidney f*cking Crosby :laugh:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

For example...

no
Rangers do not want to surrender Schneider or Krav

Sid is not in that much better shape than Geo
and they are both wrong side of 30

and that is not taking into account overiding factor, salary cap

NO NO NO NO

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Just for legacy reasons I doubt he is dealt, but it would be the smart move for the franchise at this point to get some high end futures back for him and kick off a rebuild.

They are done as cup contender so the next half decade will they will likely just be riding out Crosby/Malkin/Letangs careers rather than actually building a team with a brighter future.

Pittsburgh with not get any top 10 pick prospects and a 1st is likely top 10 protected.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There is a 0% chance Crosby gets traded and the fact that HFBoards seriously thinks the discussion is worth having just shows how much this website lives in absolute fantasy land.

Crosby is a Penguins lifer just like Lemieux was. The Penguins changing ownership or the Penguins being mediocre to start the year has no bearing on that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
A 34 year old who has only played 3 games this season because of injury, and has 1 point and is -6 in those 3 games...

Yeah, that's a good return for Crosby

You don't seem like someone worth discussing the topic with, so I won't waste my time.

If you think that pile of shit can get you Sidney Crosby, I'd recommend you look up who Sidney Crosby is.

That pile of spare parts package didn't even get the Rangers a broken Jack Eichel who wanted out, how can you seriously think that would cut it for Crosby?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad