Post-Game Talk: Shutout!! Hawks Over Nashville 3-0

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
I played goal. Shutouts mattered to me. I played left wing. They didn't mean a damn thing.

I just don't understand fans love of the shutout.

Shutouts matter cause as a team they take pride in the fact that they didn't allow the other team to score a goal. 2 teams go out and play a hockey game, the home team doesn't even score a goal. It's almost like one team doesn't even show up for the game. The Hawks had 11 shutouts during the Cup year that's a huge boost to everybody's confidence.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Means the team is playing soild defense and mutiple shutouts usually means the goalie can steal games which you want come playoff time.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
10-0-2 in a 48 game schedule equals to about 17-0-3 in a 82 game schedule. great

not gonna lie, i was getting nervous every time preds had puck in offensive zone in the 3rd, i really wanted to see shutout.

my feelings as well

any idea if the Preds want to go with their bad offense all year long? would be great if they do :laugh:

LandofLincoln*

Also, this gif is appropriate:

OLDGUYS.gif

this thing is ridiculous at that speed funny stuff!

Sir Psycho T

More Cowbell!
Oct 1, 2008
Redwood City, CA
Good to get the monkey off the back, Craw made a few good saves and the team did a great job of limiting shots. Crawford took the first 2 periods off, which is why he was so rested in the third, 7 SOG through the first 2 periods.

Even better is yet another win and now a 10-0-2 record with 10 of those games on the road. Now this team can rest up with 7 games at home. Lets go on the next trip say 15-0-4.

crimsonking

Mar 2, 2007
Canada
Jeez, haven't seen you around in awhile haha

I am around. However, two moves and two jobs later, and I find myself not posting as much as I would like to.

As for the Hawks, I could not have asked for a better start to the season. We've not been perfect, but have not given in at any point yet which is all I can hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad