Post-Game Talk: Shutout!! Hawks Over Nashville 3-0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
I played goal. Shutouts mattered to me. I played left wing. They didn't mean a damn thing.

I just don't understand fans love of the shutout.

As a goalie, I always see the shutout as a mark of accomplishment for the goaltender and the rest of the team. I think the general public, however, uses it as bragging rights so they can say they're better than another team for something. Which every bandwagoner is now going to do, even though they have no right to.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Solid game by Crawford, JO was fighting the puck all night-no harm done. Very nice goal by Kruger, especially that he walked in and fired a nice low shot to the blocker side with some zip on it.

Stalberg and Bolland mostly invisible, Sharp still snakebitten.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I thought Bolland had a good game, especially on the defensive side of the puck.

I know our puck possession game has been very good in this young season, and certainly is a big factor in controlling play in most of these games but once again the opps were pretty dismal. Hence another win that came a little too easily. Is it just me or has our division looked lethargic in the games against us? The 2 points are nice but all 3 goals were a bit suspect…. Just sayin’.

Not sure where those 3 stars came from but Hossa and Keith were both stalwarts tonight. They’re the first 2 stars easily, imo. Nice shutout for Crawford who closed the door in a rather sloppy 3rd period.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Solid game by Crawford, JO was fighting the puck all night-no harm done. Very nice goal by Kruger, especially that he walked in and fired a nice low shot to the blocker side with some zip on it.

Stalberg and Bolland mostly invisible, Sharp still snakebitten.

Disagree with Stalberg. I thought he generated a couple of nice chances, especially when he utilized his speed and blowing by Blum, but was denied by Rinne.

From my perspective - this was one of those games where the first goal is HUGE. Nashville was playing their BS patient crap, it's really important to score 1st, because if you don't they'll go into total shell mode which the Hawks always have trouble with.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Maybe the Predators should rethink their whole gameplan. Year in and year out they're competitive but they never go anywhere and our games with them are always so boring. Course the few times they would change to a more offensive game that didn't matter either. Forsberg, Kariya era got them no playoff success as well. I'm just tired of these Preds teams. Trotz, Erat, Legwand etc.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Trotz is a good coach, but sometimes it time for a change... think about this for a few years now. their stlye won't win them a Cup and they spend money already.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I've always thought they could win a Cup if they would get a game breaking forward. Maybe they'll make a run at Perry.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Nashville will never win a Cup if they continue doing what they have always done.

IIRC, Trotz and Poile are the only GM-Coach combo to pile up 1,000+ games from day 1 of a franchise. They're also still a playoff contender.

I don't see them really changing anything up in the near future, unless this team takes a turn for the worse, and really bombs.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
I've always thought they could win a Cup if they would get a game breaking forward. Maybe they'll make a run at Perry.

It is a bit of a chicken/egg thing for them now. They won't get a game breaking forward to sign with them until they are a cup contender and they can't really be a cup contender until they sign a game breaking forward.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It is a bit of a chicken/egg thing for them now. They won't get a game breaking forward to sign with them until they are a cup contender and they can't really be a cup contender until they sign a game breaking forward.

Agreed, however, I think Perry is pretty much going to the highest bidder. Ducks fans feel that way, he has a Cup, seems to fit his personality. Now when it happens, who knows what he will do but this does appear to be a unique opportunity where everyone has a shot at him. I think he would fit well in Nashville.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
Agreed, however, I think Perry is pretty much going to the highest bidder. Ducks fans feel that way, he has a Cup, seems to fit his personality. Now when it happens, who knows what he will do but this does appear to be a unique opportunity where everyone has a shot at him. I think he would fit well in Nashville.

I don't disagree with any of that. However I look at teams like Carolina, Ottawa, Colorado as being much more likely destinations for him. All three of those teams can afford to offer top dollar to Perry, have more offensive star power, and play in less constricting systems.

I'm not saying Nashville won't go after Perry. But if you could play with Eric & Jordan Stall or Legwand & Fisher and the money was the same who would you pick?

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Interesting game. The Hawks played a patient game playing even and taking advantages of a few openings when it was presented.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad