"Shout out to my fans in Calgary. You know I couldn't let Edmonton win." - Matthew Tkachuk

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think it’s actually a lot more “twisting” on the part of Flames fans to claim this as some small victory in the face of the fact that this guy left the team, they are much much worse as a result, and he has now won the cup after making it to the finals last year.

If he stayed, Bennett stayed, Tanev, etc - maybe it would have been the Flames on that trajectory?

Now you just get to cheer against the Oil from the sidelines
It's not a "victory", what it is a hilarious troll job and based on this thread the bait has been taken.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I think it’s actually a lot more “twisting” on the part of Flames fans to claim this as some small victory in the face of the fact that this guy left the team, they are much much worse as a result, and he has now won the cup after making it to the finals last year.

If he stayed, Bennett stayed, Tanev, etc - maybe it would have been the Flames on that trajectory?

Now you just get to cheer against the Oil from the sidelines
Small victory? This was a massive win. The entire city of Calgary celebrated Monday night! No one in Calgary or Canada would've heard the end of it if Edmonton won and the proof is right here on these boards. They still can't shut up and accept they lost but instead keep piling on how great McD and Drai are and they'll be back next year. Shut the f*** up you lost see you next year with the 30 other losers!

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Small victory? This was a massive win. The entire city of Calgary celebrated Monday night! No one in Calgary or Canada would've heard the end of it if Edmonton won and the proof is right here on these boards. They still can't shut up and accept they lost but instead keep piling on how great McD and Drai are and they'll be back next year. Shut the f*** up you lost see you next year with the 30 other losers!
Thanks for proving my point, maybe one day you’ll actually get to cheer for the Flames in the playoffs again. Until then, I guess hate is all you got - enjoy
It's not a "victory", what it is a hilarious troll job and based on this thread the bait has been taken.
Please see above

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Thanks for proving my point, maybe one day you’ll actually get to cheer for the Flames in the playoffs again. Until then, I guess hate is all you got - enjoy

Please see above
Dont get all high and mighty, you know every Oilers fan would do the same if the Flames or Leafs were in the Oilers position.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
reading through the comments has been a blast
449123412_869284058580679_1427779299356135864_n.jpg

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Player from an old team with a long rivalry against an opponent that his new team just beat in the Final made a statement that caters to making fans in both markets happy.

Nothing really too out of the ordinary here. If the Bruins lost in the Final to a team and an ex-Hab on the team made a similar comment, nobody'd be surprised there either. Or if an ex-Blues player beat Chicago, or if an ex-Ducks player beat LA, etc., etc.

It was a fairly empty statement and just got fans in the old market to do a gentle clap for it.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
its just crazy how Treveling let him go so easily. I'm looking at his stats. 104 points in his final year with the Flames? even Elias Petterson or JT miller never got that much. Unbelievable how they just traded him because of some seniority issues. f in hilarious.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
its just crazy how Treveling let him go so easily. I'm looking at his stats. 104 points in his final year with the Flames? even Elias Petterson or JT miller never got that much. Unbelievable how they just traded him because of some seniority issues. f in hilarious.

In all fairness the return was good. Or so most thought at the time. In fact most thought Florida got fleeced!

Huberdeau was coming off a 115 point season, and Weegar is a very good player. Plus there was a conditional 1st round pick included and a decent prospect included. I know it is hindsight, but Calgary should have flipped Huberdeau for picks instead of re-signing him to that crazy extension.

From the Florida perspective we got an elite 1st winger in his prime. Huberdeau was exiting his. Weegar has worked out well for Calgary. Time will tell if the 1st round pick or Schwindt amounts to anything for Calgary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad