"Shout out to my fans in Calgary. You know I couldn't let Edmonton win." - Matthew Tkachuk

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Actually feel bad for Flames fans for the first time in my life. Guy who set your franchise back for who knows how many years gives you a shout out after winning a cup with the team he demanded to be traded to. This is like if Pronger thanked Edmonton in 2007.
Not one Flames fan feels bad. It was a 200iq move to prevent their arch nemesis from winning a cup. Not a single Flames fan has any regrets if it means Edmonton doesn't win too.

And for the record the one who set the franchise back was Gaudreau. He started this spiral.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Actually feel bad for Flames fans for the first time in my life. Guy who set your franchise back for who knows how many years gives you a shout out after winning a cup with the team he demanded to be traded to. This is like if Pronger thanked Edmonton in 2007.
You have this backwards the Flames organization sets themselves back. Over and over again.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Didn't he initially want a long-term deal, got a bridge, and then wanted out as Gaudreau left? It seems like the only person to be angry at is Brad and Gaudreau.

Reactions: Janks

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Didn't he initially want a long-term deal, got a bridge, and then wanted out as Gaudreau left? It seems like the only person to be angry at is Brad and Gaudreau.
I mean, he would have gotten paid even more in 2022 after betting on himself with a bridge deal

seems like an excuse to bail on the team to blame management

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Chucky had 1 good game (Game 5) when he said they'd get it done and didn't.

It's a funny quote, and for me taken in jest.

Ya, my first reaction is “you didn’t do shit” and then I think and say “eh, let him have it.” It’s funny, and now we can side-eye him and say “..you sure it wasn’t Bob? Barky? Reinhart with the clutch goal?”

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Hilarious, he basically gives the finger to the Flames fans.

He basically sais: "I had no problem loosing to Edmonton while playing for you, but now that I left ...."

But maybe the Flames fans care more about Florida beating Edmonton, than if the Flames beat the Oilers ;)

algernon

Mar 19, 2006
Calgary
Tkachuk is the standard on how to leave properly. He gave notice with intention so that management could do something (not like Tavares, or even Gaudreau).

Tkachuk got booed when he came back, as would have been expected by any fanbase who had one of their biggest stars/best players return with another team the first time or two. On that note, in general, the Flames media, and most Flames fans still absolutely love Tkachuk. Florida basically became the Flames fans favourite team because of Tkachuk and Bennet.
How dare you leav Lomebrghini out?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
IMG_3209.jpg

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Wait, are Flames fans proud or flexing that a guy who wanted to leave their organization is now playing double agent and won a cup with a different team? It would be sad if it wasn't so funny.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Hilarious, he basically gives the finger to the Flames fans.

He basically sais: "I had no problem loosing to Edmonton while playing for you, but now that I left ...."

But maybe the Flames fans care more about Florida beating Edmonton, than if the Flames beat the Oilers ;)
It's really humorous to read Oilers fans in this thread twisting themselves into a pretzel over a throw away comment.

Reactions: TMLife17

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Keep twisting I guess.
I think it’s actually a lot more “twisting” on the part of Flames fans to claim this as some small victory in the face of the fact that this guy left the team, they are much much worse as a result, and he has now won the cup after making it to the finals last year.

If he stayed, Bennett stayed, Tanev, etc - maybe it would have been the Flames on that trajectory?

Now you just get to cheer against the Oil from the sidelines

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad