Should Czechia and Switzerland or Germany have Swedens and Finlands spots in 4 nations?

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
Sweden is one of the best national teams of all time and Finland had success since 1988 in hockey and both are given in these tournaments.

Hard punches to German fans?
If we are taking about history Czech is better than Sweden historically and with Finland it is not even close lamo.

Reactions: Czechboy

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
Czechia, Germany and Switzerland have done better than Sweden and Finland last 3 years in international tournaments. Why is Sweden and Finland chosen ahead of those 3 nations?

Finland has won gold in the World Championships in the last 3 years (2022 to be precise) and got silver the year before. Czechia has 1 gold and 1 bronze during the same time period, while Switzerland and Germany have one silver each. How have they done better?

Not to mention this is an all NHL tournament, so IIHF WC should have little importance in the first place.

But it is disappointing that we have so few countries partaking, an international tournament without Czechia in particular feels just wrong. The good thing is that we don't have to wait that long for the Olympics.

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
Finland has won gold in the World Championships in the last 3 years (2022 to be precise) and got silver the year before. Czechia has 1 gold and 1 bronze during the same time period, while Switzerland and Germany have one silver each. How have they done better?

Not to mention this is an all NHL tournament, so IIHF WC should have little importance in the first place.

But it is disappointing that we have so few countries partaking, an international tournament without Czechia in particular feels just wrong. The good thing is that we don't have to wait that long for the Olympics.
One way I'm happy Czech is not in it because we are not allowed to use our euro guys.
But I hate this tournament because it is such an obvious money grab it does nothing to grow the international game
People say 2016 was a money grab (it was lol) But they included so many countries and Czech could use euro guys too not just NHL guys (this tournament was sponsored by the iihf) and meant actual significance (Not in the World Rankings but in history or whatever lol)

redwings86

I understood english and hockey
Apr 15, 2024
Sweden
If we are taking about history Czech is better than Sweden historically and with Finland it is not even close lamo.

The tournament in 2025 regarding Lutheran nations, it's four of the six best hockey nations of all time.

Last edited:

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
I must be honest, i wouldnt care if Czechia or Switzerland got our place. I think we will have a tough time at the 4-nation. We will assemble a old slow team, only Pettersson, Nylander and Dahlin are in the superstar territory when in their best, and all seems washed now lol..

Like i said, im sure we will get hammered so our hockey federation should give our place to whatever team there is. Because our reputation as a big hockey nation will take a big hit this february.

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra and kudla

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I must be honest, i wouldnt care if Czechia or Switzerland got our place. I think we will have a tough time at the 4-nation. We will assemble a old slow team, only Pettersson, Nylander and Dahlin are in the superstar territory when in their best, and all seems washed now lol..

Like i said, im sure we will get hammered so our hockey federation should give our place to whatever team there is. Because our reputation as a big hockey nation will take a big hit this february.
That's what reading too much of @Eye of Ra does to a man.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Just a reminder that the OP is not a Czech poster and when you start explaining your nation is better than ours.. we never said it!

• Haha
Reactions: Fil

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Im aware that Sweden and Finland have more Nhlers. But its just not about that. Czech, Germany and Switzerland had more sucess last years, does that not count? Should they not be rewarded? And do Sweden have any players of the level of Draisaitl, Stutzle and Pastrnak? I think not.
Isn't entirely about NHL players? Isn't it also about not having too long of a tournament. This is a replacement for the ASG, not the Olympics, World Championship or WC.

The NHL does not want teams that have to round out their rosters with players from the AHL or Europe. It is an NHL player showcase and meant to be more interesting than the All-Star Game.

Isn't this all pretty obvious also?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The NHL does not want teams that have to round out their rosters with players from the AHL or Europe. It is an NHL player showcase and meant to be more interesting than the All-Star Game.
...or more accurately don't want to share the profits with more partners than absolutely necessary.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
...or more accurately don't want to share the profits with more partners than absolutely necessary.
What partners are you referring to that the NHL should consider sharing in-season profits with? The profits that are replacing what would have been their All Star Game weekend profits with?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
What partners are you referring to that the NHL should consider sharing in-season profits with? The profits that are replacing what would have been their All Star Game weekend profits with?
They already have a deal with four hockey associations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad