Rumor: Shesterkin’s camp is aiming for a contract which would equate to a netminding record of $12.9M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Doubt he actually gets that, this is clickbait off of early negotiations. But honestly he's pretty damn near worth that. He is generational and if you swap him with an average goalie I don't think we're even in the playoffs let alone going to the ECF.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Doubt he actually gets that, this is clickbait off of early negotiations. But honestly he's pretty damn near worth that. He is generational and if you swap him with an average goalie I don't think we're even in the playoffs let alone going to the ECF.

I don't think anyone else is gonna argue against that but you still don't just hand him a blank check imo. The issue isn't Igor's next pay day, it's the rest of the NYR roster with some bloated contracts. Fox/Shesty making 20-21M is fine considering Fox took a discount imo

CaptainScrewy

Apr 9, 2003
Hollywood , Florida
Visit site

Can we please slow roll the generational?? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. Good goalie sometimes great...but NOWHERE NEAR generational.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Can we please slow roll the generational?? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. Good goalie sometimes great...but NOWHERE NEAR generational.
A18zsB4.png

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Even though Bob just won a Cup, even him is not quite worth the 10M cap hit with long term. Igor would be fortunate to squeeze an extra 500K, let alone 3M.

Reactions: MaWa and scholl

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Shesty is a damn good goalie but he needs to think about the rest of the roster, unless he plans to HAVE to stand on his head every year to even have a chance of winning. If you want to be the top paid at your position, the expectations change with it.

Multiple Vezinas and a couple cups minimum, and it still would be a terrible deal. They couldn't get over the hump now, now start taking depth away...

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Gotta fund that war effort somehow.

Putin's way of making the Americans pay for his war.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad