Tribute Sheriff Bart

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I'm not a member there, but his name was David, so it's very possible that was him.

Also, when I said I didn't have anything profound to say, I wasn't thinking hard enough. I've got some words, I just had to borrow them from Sir Terry Pratchett:

In the real world, he was a Postmaster, and obviously touched a great number of people in that role, not to mention his family and friends.

I know personally I'll think of him every time I watch a Canes game, or watch Blazing Saddles, or listen to Merry Christmas From the Family by Robert Earl Keen (who is playing in Durham next Friday, I may just have to buy a ticket).

The guy I'm thinking of played a lot of basketball when he was younger. He often tapped the Smiling Bob character from the Enzyte commercials for a laugh. And if I recall correctly, he created some very funny GDTs over there.

If that's him I'd pour out an Enzyte tablet (or capsule, or whatever they were) in his memory. If I could get one, that is; they were shut down and the company founder given a 25 year prison sentence for fraud. :eek3:

1717035623148.png

Uncultured Buffoon

Nov 15, 2010
North Carolina
I was one of Dave's best friends. His name was David Morris.

I joined here as vibesalive after the Canes message board went under. There I was known as coastal_caniac and Dave as SuperDave. I met Dave in the PNC parking lot in 2008 and we became best friends in short order. We watched our kids grow up and helped foster two generations of new Canes fans.

Dave and I were diagnosed a month apart. I wasn't there for his hard time. I was fighting my own battle. But we talked every day until that no longer became possible. That wit and humor referred to here was there until the end.

Thank all of you for recognizing exactly who Dave was in your comments, I can assure you if you met him personally you would know immediately that is Sheriff Bart,

I miss Dave terribly.

Dave (left), Charlie, Doug (me) in the pic. His best friends.
The Three Amigos.jpg

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

I joined here as vibesalive after the Canes message board went under. There I was known as coastal_caniac and Dave as SuperDave. I met Dave in the PNC parking lot in 2008 and we became best friends in short order. We watched our kids grow up and helped foster two generations of new Canes fans.

Dave and I were diagnosed a month apart. I wasn't there for his hard time. I was fighting my own battle. But we talked every day until that no longer became possible. That wit and humor referred to here was there until the end.

Thank all of you for recognizing exactly who Dave was in your comments, I can assure you if you met him personally you would know immediately that is Sheriff Bart,

I miss Dave terribly.

Dave (left), Charlie, Doug (me) in the pic. His best friends.View attachment 877710

I am so sorry Doug. I always enjoyed my (virtual) interactions with the Sherriff. He was always very funny. I hope you are on a road to recovery yourself.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

I miss Dave terribly.

Dave (left), Charlie, Doug (me) in the pic. His best friends.View attachment 877710
Thank you for this post. I’m so sorry for your loss and you’re in my thoughts with your own fight.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Since we're sharing such info... on that other site that @SoupNazi alluded to, we (well, actually @PredsV82) found his obit:
If you feel moved to do so, it indicates that donations are suggested to the youth program at Lakeside Baptist: https://lakesidechurchrmt.org

Also, @Uncultured Buffoon, good luck with your own battle. We've had far too many fights with it in my own family. (Thankfully all the recent ones have so far concluded successfully. One still ongoing for my namesake aunt.)

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I knew David from the other board @Viqsi referenced. I have come to know several other posters here and of course you all were kind enough to let me bandwagon when the Preds were out of the playoffs. This is a great group on this board and I'm pleased to see so many pay tribute to him.

One thing I'm sure of is we are all in good shape for the afterlife because I know for a fact the Sheriff is sitting at the toll booth at the entrance to heaven with a shitload of dimes for all of us.

Until we meet again, my friend.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I really wanted to post a pic of the Sheriff so y'all could put a face and a name in memory.
I'm glad you did. It's nice to put a face to the (fake) name. Just like everyone else, I wish you the best in your fight. Cancer sucks and has taken far too many good people far too soon.

Uncultured Buffoon

Nov 15, 2010
North Carolina
Thanks again so much for the well wishes. People don't realize how impactful those are when you get sick with this shit. Dave and I found out real quickly that people are inherently good people, despite the crap going on around us. The support you get is amazing, and uplifting.

Missed my first playoffs this year, at least going, since 2002. I plan on being there next year.

If you don't mind, I'll hang around and post a bit......

Doug, aka DUG, aka VibesAlive, aka Coastal. I think I'll go back to Coastal. I live in Edenton.

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Thanks again so much for the well wishes. People don't realize how impactful those are when you get sick with this shit. Dave and I found out real quickly that people are inherently good people, despite the crap going on around us. The support you get is amazing, and uplifting.

Missed my first playoffs this year, at least going, since 2002. I plan on being there next year.

If you don't mind, I'll hang around and post a bit......

Doug, aka DUG, aka VibesAlive, aka Coastal. I think I'll go back to Coastal. I live in Edenton.
Please do

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
I really wanted to post a pic of the Sheriff so y'all could put a face and a name in memory.
Thx for this, I got to know David well for a bunch of years now. We shared alot of stuff back and forth and I knew something was wrong when his FB messages stopped abruptly. I am very sadden by this, as we talked a few times a week for years. I have a few pictures he sent me of himself, his wife, and kids. I don't know if you were involved with helping him get his dad's old car restored, but if you were, I can't tell you how happy and stoked he was that it got done. As it turned out, it was in the nick of time too. He was soooo happy to see that car looking good again. He was one of the best posters in these parts (and the other site) and a heck of a political mind. I will miss him.

hag65

Jan 14, 2021
Eye of the Hurricane
We'll miss you Dave. I'm another from the old boards. He was everything you saw on there and here IRL, kind, witty, old school and just a great guy. He and I would meet for a practice during training camp for several years and do our own scouting. Glad you are winning Coastal, was worried about you too.

Ad

Ad

Ad