Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe to be named the next head coach of the New Jersey Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Here's a fun stat: Only 3 coaches have won as head coach with more than one team: Scotty Bowman, and 2 guys in the 1930s. Hiring coaches that have won cups isn't how you win cups. You want the guys who haven't broke through yet. I'd bet on Keefe being someone that breaks through.
I mean that is a shit stat. There are a ton of coaches that have made multiple final appearances and have come within a game or two of being multiple cup winners.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Second job is usually the best for a coach. So, here's to hoping. He's a good coach, he did some great things with toronto and handled an insane media market. He won't have that same sort of pressure on him here nor have to deal with players that do too.

Our guys have already gotten into the second round, the team has more depth when healthy than the leafs, especially on the back end. He has never had multiple puck moving dmen. So a healthy dougie, a sophmore Luke and Nemec, that's a good start.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
We just signed up for a first round exit

We missed the playoffs and you’re crying about hypothetical first round exits? One step at a time.

And when we’re a playoff team we will have our share of first round exits. It’s not an uncommon accurance, in fact it happens to half the teams.

But maybe this all goes poorly and everyone gets fired. It’s a possibility. Assuming that day one is a bit much and you don’t have to bitch at us, we didn’t hire the guy.

You can say you’re disappointed Fitz didn’t get Berube and are unenthusiastic about Keefe without acting like you’re Cassandra foretelling the fall of Troy.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Keefe was the best available in my mind. Aside from shitty pregame speeches, he's a solid coach. I think he'll do well here

Reactions: MVP Zacha

Homedresser

Proverbs 26:4-5
Dec 7, 2021
I knew if I went fishing for a few days the devils would hire a coach.

I have no opinion.... around the end of December beginning of January I'll have an opinion.
Hard to have an opinion when the roster needs drastic improvments. HC was the least of their problems. Regardless of who they hired, until the roster issues are solved they aren't going anywhere.

Reactions: JimEIV

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Best hire we could of chose given the candidates available. I am pleased!

Also, no one posted cup.jpg yet? I am disappointed!

EQSK04D.png

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Finally!! I definitely preferred him over Sullivan rumors. Now can we get Woodcroft to be an assistant coach? I mean the guy has resorted to doing random infomercials. I think he would happily take up a contract if offered one. That would be an awesome bench of coaches. Unfortunately if we did get Woodcroft as an assistant I would guarantee in a year he would be poached from us from another team aka Brunette. Either way I consider this a win. Now we wait until Free Agency to let Fitz cook.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Hard to have an opinion when the roster needs drastic improvments. HC was the least of their problems. Regardless of who they hired, until the roster issues are solved they aren't going anywhere.

goalie and coach were 1A and 1B

they (seemingly) did well on one of them. Lets get a goalie now.

(Yes they need other tweaks. The fact remains)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Finally!! I definitely preferred him over Sullivan rumors. Now can we get Woodcroft to be an assistant coach? I mean the guy has resorted to doing random infomercials. I think he would happily take up a contract if offered one. That would be an awesome bench of coaches. Unfortunately if we did get Woodcroft as an assistant I would guarantee in a year he would be poached from us from another team aka Brunette. Either way I consider this a win. Now we wait until Free Agency to let Fitz cook.
Woodcroft is getting paid by Edmonton (not sure till what year) so it's not like he needs a team to hire him to be able to get paid some money next year. Unless his deal is over after this year. I don't think it is.

But yeah, in the case he is hired to be assistant, he's probably a one and done like Brunette. Maybe the Oilers winning the cup this year in the same season he was fired in hurts his stock and prevents him from getting an offer to head coach next year (if he doesn't get one this year), but he'll probably be a one and done if that happens.

I wonder if Keefe brings anybody over from Toronto be an assistant?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That probably means we made the third round given how the NHL brackets.

An ECF loss? At this point, sign me UP
Wild card where we draw fall into the Atlantic and draw the division winner Toronto or even vice versa where we're the division winner and Toronto are the wild card!:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad