Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe to be named the next head coach of the New Jersey Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
You really are a miserable person aren't you? Or you are a Rag fan that created an alt account.

To be fair it has been a miserable time to be a fan of this team the past decade besides the 22-23 season and a fluke career high season by Hall in 17-18.

How many times have we gone into a season thinking this is gonna be a great year before having our legs clipped out from underneath us?

So I don't blame anyone for being a miserable sob when it comes to do anything with this team. I've really fallen into the same category myself lately, especially with the ridiculous prices increases for a non playoff team.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I wanted the 5th year, guess that's why they chose him over me.
giphy.gif

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Not miserable. Just not keen on retreads with losing record when it counts. I live in leaf land and closely follow the
You would have preferred who?
I’ll save you the back and forth

Berube who is under .500 in the playoffs

Then it will go on about how he won a cup when it mattered. Then it will go into the new coach bounce etc etc

I honestly think this a great hire for both the “we need an offensive coach” crowd and the “we need to play with structure crowd”

Keefe provides both

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Leafs fan here for 60 years.
Big reason he failed was he catered too much to the spoiled brats like Marner etc. They could do no wrong.
He also is too loyal sometimes to lines, Samsonov etc... slow to make changes. Drove me crazy sometimes.

Maybe getting out of the crazy media & pressure of Toronto things will change.

Wah gwan

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Things never seem to change while he was in toronto
Our core 4 too entitled. I think that's on the players.

One main flaw in Keefe is his PP, specifically in the playoffs. Any narrative you hear about him stems from the Playoff PP.

- outcoached
- stars didn't step up
- team can't score when it counts

We get a few PP goals in the playoffs and all those narratives change with him. He was too stubborn and never adjusted with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HersheyBob27

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017

There is SO much good stuff in here.

the stuff with steve briere about frederik andersen always makes me laugh. Believe Briere and Andersen were both let go at the end of this season. Andersen was just a completes sieve and headcase that season.

"Keefe's Speech" at 11:55 in the intermission between the 3rd period and OT to win the series vs Montreal in 5. "Matty, Mitch, Hyms, your line is getting f***ing dominated. DOMINATED."

And ppl say Keefe isn't tough on his guys lol

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
1-5 playoff series record
0-3 game seven record
Lets celebrate

Here's a fun stat: Only 3 coaches have won as head coach with more than one team: Scotty Bowman, and 2 guys in the 1930s. Hiring coaches that have won cups isn't how you win cups. You want the guys who haven't broke through yet. I'd bet on Keefe being someone that breaks through.

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
They lost to the cup finalist 3/5 years. Lost to Boston this year while missing Matthews and nylander

Toronto was doing the first round exits 3 years in a row prior to Babcock getting fired
Excuses are for losers

Here's a fun stat: Only 3 coaches have won as head coach with more than one team: Scotty Bowman, and 2 guys in the 1930s. Hiring coaches that have won cups isn't how you win cups. You want the guys who haven't broke through yet. I'd bet on Keefe being someone that breaks through.
Ok sounds like a brilliant plan. We need to find the biggest loser to be our coach. Winning cup like a blind squirrel finding a nut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad