Confirmed with Link: Shea Weber Named to the Hockey Hall of Fame (MOD warning #66)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Very well deserved. IMO, he was robbed of two Norris trophies but nevertheless, everyone knows how great he was and here’s the proof. Congrats

Shea produced more offence and was much better defensively. It’s pretty cut and dry for me as to who was the better all around player
Arguably one of best leaders to play the game. Up there with Messier, Beliveau, etc... We never got to see many good years because played him on broken foot. Shows Importance of good medical staff. If Habs don't do that always wondering a health Weber and the '21 Cup?? He was among our best players playing on one leg. Plus a healthy Weber what his trade value would been during our rebuild. Sped it up couple of years.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Arguably one of best leaders to play the game. Up there with Messier, Beliveau, etc... We never got to see many good years because played him on broken foot. Shows Importance of good medical staff. If Habs don't do that always wondering a health Weber and the '21 Cup?? He was among our best players playing on one leg. Plus a healthy Weber what his trade value would been during our rebuild. Sped it up couple of years.

I dunno, I think had the Islanders beaten Tampa we probably win but Tampa has had our number since we sept them in 2014 lol.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I dunno, I think had the Islanders beaten Tampa we probably win but Tampa has had our number since we sept them in 2014 lol.
Isles get by Tampa without Kucherov. I think we stood good chance against Isles.

That is something should be closed next CBA. They cheating other teams who are playing by the rules. Not much difference than players using PEDs.

Reactions: David Suzuki

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Shea Weber was a very obvious 1st ballot player, considering his crop.

Carey Price, while a better player than Weber, is likelier to miss on first ballot. By likelier, it's probably a thing of 5% vs. 1%. I'm pretty sure Getzlaf is the one who gets to wait a year.

There's no way Weber would've made the HHOF in 2025 had he played 5 games in 21-22 like Price did.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
He was a good player but a hall of famer??? The standards have been getting lower and lower over the years. A hall of famer is a gretzky, lemieux..........the greats not the good.
Are you new to hockey?

Shea Weber was a very obvious 1st ballot player, considering his crop.

Carey Price, while a better player than Weber, is likelier to miss on first ballot. By likelier, it's probably a thing of 5% vs. 1%. I'm pretty sure Getzlaf is the one who gets to wait a year.

There's no way Weber would've made the HHOF in 2025 had he played 5 games in 21-22 like Price did.
Carey will be 100% first ballot, I'd bet everything I own on it.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
That Weber zoom call was a very interesting listen. Talking about how much pain he was really in during the final 1.5 years of his NHL career and during that finals run, the amount of meds he was taking (which he wouldn't get into) and said there were days he could barely get out of bed.

Also said the year after he stopped playing he said he wasn't in a good place both mentally and physically and didn't want to talk to anyone including his own family and pretty much just wanted to be left alone.

Well worth a listen if you can find it somewhere later.

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Weber was really at on another level. Especially his career in Nashville where he became one of the best Ds of his generation. Well deserved.

He was great for us as well but it's cause he was what was needed for us at the time. But I feel like his best days were in Nashville.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Damphousse 1205 points in over 1300 games. Tkachuk over 500 goals. Lemieux with I think 2 Conn Smyth trophies. Claude Provost arguably the best defensive forward of his era and was on 9 Cup winning teams. These guys deserve it.

It doesn't mean because some guys should be there that he should not be.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
It's erratic and I would argue unfair. How does Pierre Turgeon make it over Vincent Damphousse for example?

Because of where they "peaked" as a player.

Turgeon still had to wait for over 10 years (would have been first ballot with a single cup win).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad