Confirmed with Link: Shayne Gostisbehere 3x3.2m aav

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think the thing that's nice is last time Ghost came in, he was certainly given some offensive chances, but I think they still deferred to Burns getting the better offensive role who was having a great year. It's also harder to integrate into a new team on the fly, and one that suffered some major offensive injuries.

Now, Burns I think is playing fine this year, but I'm glad they are putting Ghost as the obvious PP1 guy and Burns as the mop up guy. The second unit is a little lacking in talent currently, but they'll probably put together some good mop up duty PP time at some point.

As for Ghost being bad at D, he probably would be on a lot of teams. I think here he can handle being fine in our D structure with help from the forwards to pick up the slack more than he'd get on many teams. We'll certainly see him go through rough defensive stretches, but I think he'll hold his own here.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I think the thing that's nice is last time Ghost came in, he was certainly given some offensive chances, but I think they still deferred to Burns getting the better offensive role who was having a great year. It's also harder to integrate into a new team on the fly, and one that suffered some major offensive injuries.

Now, Burns I think is playing fine this year, but I'm glad they are putting Ghost as the obvious PP1 guy and Burns as the mop up guy. The second unit is a little lacking in talent currently, but they'll probably put together some good mop up duty PP time at some point.

As for Ghost being bad at D, he probably would be on a lot of teams. I think here he can handle being fine in our D structure with help from the forwards to pick up the slack more than he'd get on many teams. We'll certainly see him go through rough defensive stretches, but I think he'll hold his own here.

That, and I'd posit that the Canes team culture leads to improved D play for most incoming players.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Suppose the rest of the league bought into the “he’s awful defensively and too small” tropes.
Maybe but he wasn't really bad defensively last year was he? I don't remember him being bad defensively in his short first stint with us. And TDA was definitely worse defensively and got $5M/yr, and that's with off ice/locker room concerns too.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

Weren't we a ridiculous like 7 for 9 on PPs the 2 games right after he joined? Literally 10% of our PPG came in those games, it massively propped up our overall PP%...which is why we finished fairly highly ranked but it felt like our PP was shit, because for the other 80 games it was probably bottom half of the league

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I remember thinking at least once or twice during ghosts previous stint that he should be getting pp time over burns. He’s a better passer and more mobile/less predictable. Burns is more “get it to me and I’ll blast one and see what happens”

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad