Rumor: Sharks working on Evander Kane trade, will eat 50%

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Kane with 4 points (1+3) in this game, his 3rd back from suspension. First start of the game. Market value heating up, get him cheap while you still can.

Reactions: jetsforever

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Kane for Skinner straight up.
Kane to 3rd team at 50% for a modest pick and/or/roster player to help with possible short term cap considerations.
The Sharks get rid of Kane and get a player on a worse contract, keep their assets.
Sabres get out of Skinner deal and retain 3.5mil on Kane for say a 5th.
3rd team takes Kane at 3.5 for 3years for a 5th.
The deal doesn’t happen for the Sharks or Sabres without the 3rd team ( Kane and Skinner agreeing). So the incentive is riddance for Sharks, nice savings for Sabres.

Wait, why do the Sharks want a worse player on a worse contract?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
More scouts at the AHL game today.
Kane with three assists and a goal

Florida is the only one of that group that doesn't have either affiliated team on the schedule within the next month. I can't imagine that they're interested in Kane even with the Thornton connection. They don't really have the kind of contract that they're looking to get rid of to make a trade for Kane make sense, imo.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I like how for a week or two we've shown what buy out results look like for the Sharks, and how it's very reasonable to move forward with, without us giving up an asset in a trade, yet fans come in and ask for us to retain money and give up a pick/player.

If you don't want him because he's a headache, then great we won't trade him to you. He's fine sitting on our AHL team until June, when we can buy him out and most of the years are at 1.6M.
It's amazing how many fans who bitch and complain about what a terrible person Kane is, want him. They keep coming up with insane ideas where they get paid to take him on at 50% (or even 75%) retained. Safe to say that won't happen. We're better off keeping him. People can stop making proposals that have no benefit to the Sharks - were not in the business of shooting ourselves in the foot to make another team better.

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
Kane to Buffalo... o% Retained

Nothing goes back to SJ.. just salary dump to Buffalo who picks up his full salary.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
More scouts at the AHL game today.
Kane with three assists and a goal

I am glad to see Edm has a scout there because Kane is exactly what we need on our team. We need some snarl and bad attitude to take attention away from Mcdavid and Draisatl. I know he has a douche bag reputations and all that but we need some junk yard dog on our team and guys like that always have baggage. Take a look at the history of some good players with issue like Claude Lemieux( in game), Craig McTavish(out of game), Heatley(out of game), Patrick Kane(out of game) and they all outlasted their problems and had success. This is a buy low opportunity and Holland needs to get this player.

Kassian, Choice of Lavoie/Tullio/Savoie, 3rd-2023

For

Kane at 50%

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
It's amazing how many fans who bitch and complain about what a terrible person Kane is, want him. They keep coming up with insane ideas where they get paid to take him on at 50% (or even 75%) retained. Safe to say that won't happen. We're better off keeping him. People can stop making proposals that have no benefit to the Sharks - were not in the business of shooting ourselves in the foot to make another team better.

Its been heavily reported SJS is willing to trade him at 50% retention to move him. SJS is just dumping him and have publicly stated as much. Foolish of course but also understood under the circumstances.

As much as his off ice antics suck he is a great player that would help any team and at 50% retention... I dont see how he isn't traded sooner than later.

I hope you are not expecting any kind of return, you are almost guaranteed to be disappointed.

As mentioned above I'll second Kassian and toss in for Kane at 50% retention is a solid deal for both under the circumstances.

Reactions: BlueSeal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad