Rumor: Sharks: William Eklund on loan to Djurgården (SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Why not when he is doing great for the Sharks?

So, to be fair, while I obviously would have liked to have kept him, and he has done quite well for a 19 year old... it wasn't as if keeping him in the NHL was a no-brainer based on his play. He was adjusting well, had some unreal flashes, but wasn't dominating by any means. Purely based on his play, I'd say he probably was on track for maybe a 10G/25-30A season or so, and that's with generous PP time, etc.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Go work on developing an NHL body
MxFdAMH.gif

tmunnuch

Jan 23, 2007
Why not when he is doing great for the Sharks?

Because he's 5'10 175lbs and he's never played more than 40 games in a season. Playing 82 games he's gonna run out of steam, probably drop another 10lbs, and increase his chances of getting hurt, or he's gonna get benched for long periods of time, not helping himself or the team while burning through a year of his ELC.

Maze93

Dec 30, 2019
Gothenburg, Sweden
Sharks fans are pissed. Our forward group was already thin, and now Hertl has no one to play with once we're fully healthy...except for Mr. COVID passport/bankruptcy/abuser

Seems odd to send him home to Sweden when the team is finally doing better. I hope Dahlén will continue to be good without him but it wouldn't surprise me if his production goes down now.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Might be the best decision long-term. He's going to tear up the SHL and come over next season ready to f*** shit up.

Reactions: SwedishFire

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Aww. Bummed to see it because I'm an Eklund fan, but I get it. It's the right move for the kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad