Rumor: Sharks: William Eklund on loan to Djurgården (SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
That's too bad, I was looking forward to the Holtz/Eklund reunion tomorrow.
Oh that’s right . How many games is Eklund at ? Can he play this one last game before he heads to Sweden or would that out him over and start the clock on his contract status?
I would have loved to see how Holtz and Eklund could have done in the NHL on the same team…
I guess I’ll, be happy with the Devils taking Luke Hughes instead .

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Notorious hockey rumor guy who is usually wrong and widely mocked (Often for good reason) on these boards.
For anyone else slow like me who was still confused for way too long:

Notorious hockey rumor guy from hockeybuzz' name is Eklund
This is a thread about a hockey player named Eklund.

Jokes were made because they have the same name.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Seems odd to send him home to Sweden when the team is finally doing better. I hope Dahlén will continue to be good without him but it wouldn't surprise me if his production goes down now.
Dahlen has mostly played with Couture and Meier. I expect that line will be reunited once Meier is out of Covid protocol.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
"BAH GAWD THAT'S KANE'S MUSIC!!!"

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Raw deal. I understand why he was sent down but he earned a gig. Hopefully he'll come back next year hungry and ready to tear it up -- he's a great talent.

Reactions: Helistin

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Kotkaniemi is a good example of why success in your first 9 NHL games as an 18 year old should not automatically ensure your spot in the lineup for game 10.

Eklund has had a taste of NHL success; best he go back to Sweden to work on coming back even stronger, so that his progress isn't stunted by the NHL grind.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
He had 1 assist at 5-on-5 and 3 secondary assists on the PP.
Zero goals, only 8 shots on goal in 9 games.

This is not a player who is truly ready. He may show flashes, and fans may think he's ready because of those flashes, but he's not.
Its bizarre to me that some people argued he was doing amazing, but then again some people think norris Erik Karlsson has returned this year for the same reasons.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad